Sign in to follow this  
ysbreker

Fall Out MMO in the making?

If this is true there will be an Fallout MMO coming in 2010. Why on earth does interplay* think that another MMO is going to generate any kind of cash? I mean isn't the MMO market over saturated already? What makes them think this will succeed? I'd much rather have a Fallout single player game.

Who of you would fork over a monthly fee to hang around in the fall out universe?

*) I didn't even know interplay was still alive

Sorry brkl, I've edited my post and replaced all fall outs with fallouts. I stand corrected!

Don't tell me you don't know that Bethesda Softworks is already making the next single player fallout game. I doubt the Bethesda game is MMO or a 2010 release since: 1) they've already been working on it for a while 2) they don't make MMOs.

Bethesda's game isn't an MMO.

Interplay hung on to the MMO rights when they sold the rights to Fallout 3 to Bethesda.

This is part of their last-ditch attempt at making a comeback. I doubt it will work.

What's with the persistent misspelling of Fallout as 'Fall Out'? Not in this thread (apart from the beginning), but in general.

The Fallout MMO has been mentioned before. I'll be really surprised if it materializes. I'll be double surprised if it somehow does materialize (by forces unknown) and not end up being horrible.

Interplay is near-bankrupt and doesn't really exist anymore as a real company. The Fallout MMO is kind of the last thread it's hanging by. More of a money trap than a real game you should get excited about at this point.

This will either :

1. Not happen.

2. Get rushed, come out really buggy and will suck.

3. Takes a really long time, really polished , still sucks.

This could be good if done well but I don't think I trust Interplay to pull it off.

I'm not interested in any MMO actually. They aren't so much games as they are work. They're too time consuming and in the end you're only playing to chat with some online friends. At least that's my (limited) experience with MMO's.

Not playing MMO's means I can play more different games and get more story out of my games.