BigJKO

Super Smash Bros. Brawl video in Nintendo World

That looks very pretty and the character roster is certainly diverse. Looking forward to finally sampling Smash Bros. with this outing.

And surely that video puts to rest the rumours of a new Kid Icarus title being in the works at long last?! Here's hoping. :tup:

PS: Erm, who's the blonde? ;(

Erm, the blonde is Samus. And Pit from Kid Icarus has been in the roster for quite some time now.

Erm, the blonde is Samus.

Ah, I did wonder. Never seen her out of her armour before though... :fart:

And Pit from Kid Icarus has been in the roster for quite some time now.

Well sure, but why bother revitalising the Kid Icarus brand - for a whole new generation of gamers who likely missed out on the original - if you weren't going to do anything more than just a cameo of it's main character? I really want Nintendo to do a new Icarus adventure, and it seems like they may be testing the waters with Pit's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Brawl first.

Well sure, but why bother revitalising the Kid Icarus brand - for a whole new generation of gamers who likely missed out on the original - if you weren't going to do anything more than just a cameo of it's main character? I really want Nintendo to do a new Icarus adventure, and it seems like they may be testing the waters with Pit's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Brawl first.

Again, this speculation has been going on since day one.

Yes. They will do a new Kid Icarus adventure just as they made a new Ice Climber game after they included those characters. :shifty:

If anything, they might release Kid Icarus on virtual console around the time the game comes out, but a new game? I dunno.

Yes, what I meant is.. there's nothing about this video in particular that puts the rumours to rest..

Hmmm, I hope the controls will be more intuitive this time around. I never got around the last ones' where it was pretty awkward to jump. I can't believe how boring Fox is though.

There's really only one question I have: will DR. JESUS be in there?

Yes. They will do a new Kid Icarus adventure just as they made a new Ice Climber game after they included those characters. :shifty:

Don't forget the surge of new Game and Watch titles.

Hmmm, I hope the controls will be more intuitive this time around. I never got around the last ones' where it was pretty awkward to jump.

How was it awkward to jump?! Thought it was pretty straight-forward to push the X button.

I don't know. It just felt like I didn't have enough freedom of movement, which is ironic if you see how confined you usually are in this genre. Still, when playing Smash Bros I've got the platformer mindset and I expect the jumping and feel to be likewise.

I know what you mean - with the way that SSB looks, you expect the jump to be mapped to the A Button, like, you know, every platformer ever (except those rotten third-party titles that decide to screw with this winning formula for some mental reason). I just had to keep reminding myself that it's a fighting game, not a platform game, and that seems to work. Sort of. But yes, pressing X or swinging the Control Stick up to jump seems to come off as really clunky.