Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Gun

Donkey Konga video: Four full combos in 4-player mode, by myself! (pokemon)

Probably everyone who's ever played Donkey Konga has had the idea to play more than one bongo at once. I bet a lot of people have tried it. I figured I could do it, and it would make a good video. I realize this is nothing compared to a Pop'n Music video, but keep in mind that DK wasn't designed for this. In this video I play the Pokemon Theme in Quartet Mode (4-player) by myself, and get four full combos.

CRG-konga-pokemon.jpg

Donkey Konga: Serious Business

Choose a Site: GameTrailers | GameSpot |

Download Hi-Res: DivX (38MB) -- Temp link. Get now.

Much more info here on CRG.

Nice one dude. You must be as bored as I am at work right now :P

But seriously, impressive stuff. Keep up the videos.

Shame about the tune though :violin:

Shame about the tune though :violin:

Heh, yeah...I gave my reasoning on the info page. It really was just a great [note chart] for this.

Jesus Christ, man. And I was happy when a buddy and I cleared Duet Gorilla mode while drunk... (note: we've done this with both DKs. Good fun.) I bow to your superior rhythm game skills. :worship:

You've inspired me. I need to get two more sets of drums and try this out for myself.

Yet again, you manage to make me feel thoroughly ashamed for having never played a peripheral-dependent rhythm action game. :getmecoat

Wow, wired, destructoid, and joystiq blogged it. Neat. Next time I put up a video I'm gonna do a "guess how many hair comments there will be" game. You know, like the "guess how many jellybeans are in the jar" game?

miffy: playing Duet mode by yourself is a lot of fun, although some songs pretty much just go back and forth. A lot of the Quartet songs just get too crazy, which is why I chose Pokemon (I wouldn't have otherwise!). Like you'll have to drum roll, and clap, and hit weird beats on the other bongos at the same time. Yeah...I'm not going to memorize all of that!

Wrestlevania: The next time you're near Chicago, come over and you can play a whole bunch. :yep:Yeah it would probably be cheaper to just buy them yourself.