Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Sad but funny

Doing a bit of idiot sleuthing, I Google'd for both "trent boozle" (the article's author) and "felicia reven" (lead detective).

Bet you can't guess how many results there were for each search term...

:fart:

Takes away a bit of the funny, but still... good story. Didn't think it that farfetched though.

Takes away a bit of the funny, but still... good story. Didn't think it that farfetched though.

Really?

We spent two weeks trying to figure it out, but it led us no where.
This is one of the harder tasks that we've dealt with here, simply because the only person who knows

what these letters, [kthxbai], mean has taken this knowledge to the grave

Currently, the Miami P.D. has five Detectives from the Computer Crime Task Force utilizing the majority of their high-tech machines to track down and decipher the 'code', and they estimate that it could take up to six weeks before they see any results.
For now, authorities are asking that anyone with any knowledge about the meaning or identity of "kthxbai" to please come forward.

Not to mention the plethora of grammatical errors. This doesn't hold up in any court!

[...] utilizing the majority of their high-tech machines to track down and decipher the 'code'

Using my high-tech machines just now - all one of them - I did a bit more idiot sleuthing and got approximately 65,000 results for "kthxbai". Google also helpfully pointed out that this gimmick's more commonly/correctly phrased as "kthxbye" too, which in turn produces approximately 275,000 results. I would imagine that if you accounted for however many other disambiguations there are of this one phrase, the results would creep up again -- probably towards the half-million mark.

So yeah, the code's about as uncrackable as the story is believable...

:ponycrap:

Jesus H. Christ partypoopers.

Buncha grumpy old men here!

No -- I just refuse to shovel other people's shit, that's all.

geez, that's a throw back. Marek has to be the most picked on guy in the community what with that and the eye toy thing.

wow.. I'm smarter than 5 detectives with high tech computers