Roderick

Nintendo's star catalogue

It was updated yesterday here in the Netherlands with three games and with actually enough stock to prevent them from selling out in the first five minutes. So finally they're learning something and that makes me a happy guy.

The choice was between Megaman Battle Network or somesuch for the DS, Geist for Gamecube and Polarium for the GBA. Since I already own Polarium for the DS, regrettably, and I'm not going to play any console games anymore unless they're of exceptional quality, I've gone for the mediocre Megaman game, also because I'm kind of curious what type of game it is. After all, it warranted 5 sequels so far with no end in sight.

And hey, it's free.

Well, in Danmark and Iceland they've got no such Star Catalogue. In fact, pretty much everything Nintendo sucks in Iceland. Not so much in Denmark, 'cause we have a service that ships in games from the US for less bucks.

From what I've heard the Megaman Network game for the DS is the SAME as the GBA one, so if you have the fifth one, then I think you shouldn't bother....

The Star Catalogue is Spain has Zelda Twilight t-shirts, Pac-Pix styluses, Nintendo caps and a sticker for the DS with a Dalmatian theme...

In Finland, we have no Star Catalogues, damn you Amo, damn you to hell...

Pity it ain't ZX - that's pretty sweet. The one you've probably ordered is Battle Network 5 Twin Leads, which has both of the GBA versions of Battle Network 5 on one cart. Pity, because Battle Network 5 sucks due to these awful "Liberation Missions" which bring the gameplay to a grinding halt. Awful turn-based stuff where you have to pre-plan ages ahead. I play Battle Network to get AWAY from that shit. Argh.

Battle Network 6 is pretty cool though. And that new DS relaunch of the Battle Network games (Mega Man Star Force...I think?) looks good too. With an AMAZING THREE VERSIONS. *sigh* But I'll still check out one of them.

Pity it ain't ZX - that's pretty sweet. The one you've probably ordered is Battle Network 5 Twin Leads, which has both of the GBA versions of Battle Network 5 on one cart. Pity, because Battle Network 5 sucks due to these awful "Liberation Missions" which bring the gameplay to a grinding halt. Awful turn-based stuff where you have to pre-plan ages ahead. I play Battle Network to get AWAY from that shit. Argh.

Battle Network 6 is pretty cool though. And that new DS relaunch of the Battle Network games (Mega Man Star Force...I think?) looks good too. With an AMAZING THREE VERSIONS. *sigh* But I'll still check out one of them.

Megaman has been dead to me for quit a while...

Mainly becuase they "killed" the original Megaman and keep making up news ones... ;(

For a while there I was torn between getting Maverick Hunters X or Powered Up. Then I just got neither. Still, they're like $20 now, so I may consider it.