Sign in to follow this  
SpiderMonkey

Prey demo

I didn't really mean it like that. I meant more that if you grow up in the States, then presumably it is far more likely that you will be exposed to American Indian culture and history, both in your education and your entertainment. And obviously every piece of cultural work references and leans on those cultural imprints to a greater or lesser extent. This may or may not make those cultural imprints a necessary requirement to fully appreciating the work that is built on them. Etc.

I think an European developer would not have ended up with such a cliched portrayal of Native American culture.

I liked it. If the story continues to grab me into its world, its gonna be wicked sick. But if its a Doom3 game where the story ends after 30? minutes, then I will get bored very quickly with narrow environments. Doom3 had an arcade game which in my eyes is humouring the Doom game it self. All you can do in that arcade game is press a button and kill. Nothing happends when you hit 1000 score, or 10.000. Its just kill^1000000 times. Like the Doom3 game, if you look at it that way. Well, Prey was kinda fun in different ways. So thumbs up for this game :)

Doom3 had an arcade game which in my eyes is humouring the Doom game it self. All you can do in that arcade game is press a button and kill. Nothing happends when you hit 1000 score, or 10.000. Its just kill^1000000 times.

What are you talking about. I forget what score you need to hit exactly, but if you play it for long enough you'll get an email on your PDA thanking you for wasting your life.

I think an European developer would not have ended up with such a cliched portrayal of Native American culture.

How is it cliche?

Cliche is Turok running around with a tomahawk. Tommy is hardly a cliche character.

What are you talking about. I forget what score you need to hit exactly, but if you play it for long enough you'll get an email on your PDA thanking you for wasting your life.

u missed the point. perhaps i wrote it poorly.

Nothing happends when you hit 1000 score, or 10.000. Its just kill^1000000 times. Like the Doom3 game, if you look at it that way

By that i mean, doom3 was after about 10 maps, a very similar game to the 'kill the chicken' arcade game. Nothings happends. So in other words a player should get a pda mess saying that "u waste your time" if you play more than about 15 maps. doom3 was as booring after 10 maps as the chicken arcade game was after 2 minutes.

How is it cliche?

Cliche is Turok running around with a tomahawk. Tommy is hardly a cliche character.

Huh?

Turok running around with a tomahawk is more cliche than a character named "Tommy Hawk"? That's like naming a Swedish character "Bork Meatball."

"Tommy Hawk"
Wow, I didn't even notice that until now. That seems kind of tasteless.

lol.. is he really named Tommy Hawk? Didn't notice it, then again, I don't care. It's just a game.