Tommy Gun

Fake GBA cartridges, argh!

Yeah, I know it's nothing new, just the first time it happened to me. I found it really odd that the label is different too, but of course the auction used a stock photo.

Yeah, I've bought huge amount of GBA & DS games from ebay, and twice I've been cheated with a fake gba cartridge (Zelda Minish Cap and Metroid: Zero Mission), they even came with fake boxes and fake manuals, but as soon as I got my hands on them, I knew that those were fakes. That still pisses me off a little bit.

These days I always try to avoid all those people who originate from Hong Kong etc.

You might pretty clearly see these days which auction is real and which is fake if you know how those people operate.

You might pretty clearly see these days which auction is real and which is fake if you know how those people operate.

Yeah, although in my case the seller was legit, he just got burned first, so there really wasn't a way for me to know. If I'm ever unsure I'll definitely contact them first from now on.

A few years back, when the two GBC Zeldas came out, I bought them both at this little hole in the wall shop in Budapest. As it turns out, they were bootleg. As I think back on the incident I realize that I probably should have been bit suspicious after watching them put the boxes together before selling them to me. :shifty:

I remember I bought a bootleg GBA game once, I was suspicious from the beginning, but I really wanted that game!

The moment I put the cart in, I got a "This game was cracke by...":frusty:

I immediately went back to the store to demand a refund, I even showed him the "hacker" screen and he refused to take the game back if I kept saying they sold illegal games...

So I said the game didn't work, which was right, you couldn't even save the game!

I should have kept it and reported the store...:shifty:

I once bought Boktai from eBay. The guys who sent it from Hong Kong decided to send me a bootleg version WITHOUT A SUN SENSOR. I pointed out to them that they'd better send me a proper copy or I'd pass on their home address that they wrote as the return address to the cops.

What do you know, a legit copy of Boktai turns up and profuse apologies. Those wacky Hong Kongians!