Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Gun

“Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan” Music Videos for the Original Songs

Does anyone know someone else in their area with the game? I've heard multiplay is amazing, but I don't know anyone else with a DS, let alone who imports. What's it like?

Nobody else around my area seems to have the game (or even knew it existed), so they have to make do with the tutorial level.

From the manual it appears that multiplayer is a competition to motivate your guy more than the other guy; so the better you do, the better a boxer the guy is and he wins the fight (or whatever; there's a car race and a rope climbing stage as well as the boxing).

The DS Tunnel Project might provide us with a way of playing with people from across the internet, so when that's at a workable level, we probably should set up some games with eachother.

I hate to think that I'm missing out on songs and awesome stories.

On a somewhat-related note, I really wish this game worked better as a portable game. It's great if you're sitting on something stationary, but it's hard as hell to play on the bus or the train.

I've never tried playing it in a vehicle (don't go out much...). I've played it while standing out in the yard, and I actually did fine. Normally I rest the DS on my knee. I think I could handle it in a vehicle, as long as there weren't too many quick turns.

I've tried it on the city bus a couple of times, it's pretty tough to play (if you rest it on your knee, the shocks and judders carry through to the DS and makes it hard to accurately hit the screen). It's worst in insane because the targets are smallest.

I usually play sort of hunched up on a chair with it rested on a knee

I'm typically sitting propped up in bed when I'm playing Ouendan. Nice and comfy. I used to take it on the train to work, but after a while it got far too frustrating to keep at while moving, particularly the higher levels on insane.