Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

Metroid Prime Hunters

Gamespot has a great new preview. It's sounding even better than I had hoped. Who's getting it? What with Worms and Oblivion (possibly) coming out this month as well I'm having a hard time deciding what to get first. Has anyone heard yet whether or not Worms is going to be wi-fi enabled?

Been looking forward to it quite a while and I'm sure I'll buy it when it comes out. It seems like a killer app of the same caliber as Mario Kart DS.

There was a press event for the game today with some new info. I love this bit:

The game intelligently keeps tracks of all your stats via a feature called the 'Hunter Licence', which records the results of multiplayer matches, weapon usage stats, head shots, how often you use the Morph Ball - and best of all, how many times your opponent has weaseled out of a match! The game can differentiate between you going out of signal, and you switching your DS off so the game doesn't record a lose.

Nice!

And when your battery accidentally gets empty? Is that a 'lose' as well?

Damn, Worms is going to be so awesome. Especially if we'd only need one cartridge for a match!

So all you gotta do is buy a lead box and chuck the sucker in there when you're losing.

Or should I not be giving those kinds of bastards any ideas?

Damn, Worms is going to be so awesome. Especially if we'd only need one cartridge for a match!

The only thing it still would need is Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Worms DS/PSP won't be wifi unfortunately. Team17 started development on them *way* before Sony & Nintendo had their act together with the whole online thing. They just couldn't afford to implement it at such a late stage in development.

Hunters is looking great, but I don't think I'll be getting it on release ... Me & My Katamari is coming out two days later, and I couldn't possibly have *that* much gaming bliss at once! :)

SiN

Hunters is looking great, but I don't think I'll be getting it on release ... Me & My Katamari is coming out two days later, and I couldn't possibly have *that* much gaming bliss at once! :)

Even worse, Tetris DS comes out on the same day. I know they're completely different games with different audiences, but I find it odd that Nintendo would release two high profile games on the same day like that.

Here's another hands on of MP Hunters http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=6634719&publicUserId=5379721

I'll probably be getting it, but may wait a few weeks or so first. I want to get a few reviews read before I grab it, as shooters aren't really my thing (particularly online) but I do like the MP series. And as I know you people (kinda) it wouldn't be disagreeable to have a few matches with some folks. Not like I know anyone in my area with a DS, so I gotta get my fix somehow.

I was just thinking about it, would the controls of this game inherently give right-handed or left-handed people a distinct advantage or disadvantage? I don't know how the controls are set up, but if the d-pad is required for movement and the stylus for aiming it seems like left-handed people would have a harder time with it.

I was just thinking about it, would the controls of this game inherently give right-handed or left-handed people a distinct advantage or disadvantage? I don't know how the controls are set up, but if the d-pad is required for movement and the stylus for aiming it seems like left-handed people would have a harder time with it.

It works wonderfully.

WASD = Direction pad

Mouselook = Stylus on touchpad

Trigger = Fire

The great thing is though, the ABXY buttons can be used instead of the direction pad, which works out great! I know, because I'm left handed. :)

SiN

Yeah, I've had a few of my lefty friends play the demo and once the switch was made they played damn well. They're way better at MP than at Halo, which says something for the awesome of the controls.