Sign in to follow this  
Oath

Bargains and just plain ol' good finds

I'm sure we've all experienced that slightly tingling feeling of picking up a good game you haven't yet played and seeing the price-sticker announcing an incredibly low price. Just today I was casually browsing and noticed Sid Meier's Pirates for 99 SEK, which is about $12. Perhaps not the best find ever, but I've been wanting to play it and now it's mine.

My best find though, was probably Fallout 2 when it was new. Bought it on a whim for 149 SEK and discovered the joy of post-apocalyptic roleplaying. I purchased the original two weeks later and never looked back.

So, this thread is about finding cool stuff for cheap I guess.

A while a go a member of the MBN forums found Beyond Good & Evil for $1 or something (online store).

I often browse (online) bargin bins for games. If the price is low enough it only has to sound interesting. Sometimes the game is actauly crap (like Grom).

The last real bargin I bought was Raven Shield (Rainbow Six 3) for only 5 euros. The game wasn't even a year old.

The last somewhat bargin I found is Command & Conquer: The First Decade. About all Comand & Conquer games (fixed to work with winxp apperently) for 30 euros. Not a bad deal, but first have to solve some issue with bol.com before I'm going to order it.

I bought Unreal Tournament 2004 2-dvd special edition for $9.99 early last year at eb games. I knew they mispriced the thing, and sure enough, it went back up to $49 the next week.

Darkened Skye for 9.99. I love that little game. About a decade ago, I got Tornado for 99cents, brand new, along with 185lbs manual (can't play it anymore though - DOS only.)

I spotted Freedom Force vs The Third Reich for 9.99 a couple months ago, but decided not to get it because of the whole starforce thingy.

I got Blade Runner for about $15 on Ebay. I later heard it can be hard to find.

I bought Unreal Tournament 2004 2-dvd special edition for $9.99 early last year at eb games. I knew they mispriced the thing, and sure enough, it went back up to $49 the next week.

Aww, I just paid €20 for that thing.

I bought Simcity for SNES, box and manual included for $5 Canadian a few months back. Pretty happy about it.

I got Blade Runner for about $15 on Ebay. I later heard it can be hard to find.

Hah, I think I got it for something similar, only that I bought it a gas station for some reason... I have no idea what it was doing there but hey, couldn't resist.

Interestingly, I got Blade Runner for $10 at my local grocery store. Must be the game to get in awkward places.

Oh I almost forgot! I got used copy of REZ (ps2) for 23 bucks at EB games last year. I thought it was expensive then.

edit:

I just checked Ebay and it doesn't seem as rare as it used to be. What happened?

The dude in the video store gave me his copy of ICO when I was looking around for it. that was a while ago though. I was chuffed at the time, and now that I look back on it, it was sortof like destiny.

I was walking around town early one day looking for something to eat (I was in town because I was attending a LAN party), and for some reason I saw this bin of games at a photography store (or whatever it's called). They were all crumpled and worn out at the corners, and they were all dirt cheap. Also, one of the games was Sanitarium, which is a super great game (one of the super greatest, in fact).

So that's my find.

I get almost all my games used or from the bargain bin. It means I get ruffled instruction manuals, but a hell of a lot more mileage out of my student budget. As for lucky finds, I registered my copy of Half Life (I don't own any of the expansions) on Steam and it thought it was the collector's pack, meaning it let me download all of the expansions and stuff from the $60 package for the $15 I paid for just the game itself. w00ts on that.