EvilDonut

Murdoch buys IGN

It's not weird.

News Corp has wanted to become a big, major player in the online space for a while now, and now they are doing this... with shitload so money.

Also, from elsewhere

"Saudi Arabian Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud confirmed Wednesday that he holds a 5.46% Class B stake in News Corp."

Chew on that for a bit :shifty:

Then again, he also does own parts of Citigroup, Four Seasons, and Apple Computer. Rich fuck.

IGN will become part of Fox interactive.

So, guess what the average rating for Fox Interactive games will be in the future.

IGN will become part of Fox interactive.

So, guess what the average rating for Fox Interactive games will be in the future.

9.x, like every other game IGN reviews. Maybe they'll have to lower their scores for everything but Fox gomes or something. :grin:

News Corp.-IGN: Details:[staci] News Corps. said no to IGN at $1 billion and again at $800 million. At that price, the company was willing to stick with the casual gaming that comes along with Intermix. But I hear an approach within the last couple of weeks at a price below $800 million and closer to the one they ended up with -- $650 million -- changed the playing field.

Viacom, which also said no at the higher end, was the other serious option for IGN. The prices the two media and entertainment companies were willing to pay were similar, possibly higher on Viacom's end, but IGN opted for Fox Interactive Media as a better fit. It looks like the upcoming acquisition of MySpace.com gave FIM an edge.

As for FIM, between MySpace.com and IGN plus sports (including recent purchase Scout) and shows like "American Idol," Fox online will be must-stop shopping for anyone trying to reach the 18-34 set -- and their younger pals, tweens and teens.

$$$$$$

Also, I don't think Fox Interactive makes games anymore. I think they just license their IP...

Yeah, the last Fox interactive game I can remember was NOLF, which totally deserved any 9.xs that it got. Of course, maybe I only remember that it was Fox because I was surprised that they made a good game. There could easily have been stuff later that was complete shit that I ignored. Still, I think it can be agreed that the world needs less Murdoch. :tdown:

"Fox Interactive" (the games company) doesn't exist anymore. "Fox Interactive Media" is a newer division created for all their web stuff. Also yes they license out a lot of their properties for use in games. See main page news item for a quick rundown.