Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Ben

Dreamfall Delayed Due To Common Sense

Funcom CEO Trond Arne Aas said in the press release, "We believe that the new release window for Dreamfall will allow us to deliver a game for the ages, as opposed to a contemporary classic. At the same time, we see that the market potential for Dreamfall is greater after the busy holiday period. The new release window will mean that the title receives the attention it deserves."

What's this? A company that understands that there are a billion games released simultaneously during christmas, and that releasing one more at this time will ensure that the game gets completely slaughtered?

Brace yourself, everyone - this is the first time I've used the following:

:tup:

A monumentus occasion indeed.

And Gamespot says "Dreamfall Stumbles". :shifty:

:tup: Better chance of a game I really really really want to be good to actually be good.

:tdown: Yet. More. Waiting.

I never mind waiting some more. There's always something else readily available I haven't yet played.

This happened last year with STALKER. Then it got delayed again. And again. And possibly again. So many promising games get delayed continuously that I've stopped caring about when/if they come out. With possible exceptions.

[edit] If someone got the wrong idea, by "this happened with stalker" I meant STALKER also got delayed due to "common sense". Then it turned out there were ulterior motives.

I never mind waiting some more. There's always something else readily available I haven't yet played.

Yeah, no matter how good Dreamfall is, there are at least 6 games I am anticipating that are being released in the next 4 months. With school and work, it's really already too much. Thank you common sense for allowing me more time to actually live my life!