Sign in to follow this  
Knar

Microsoft inks deal for new Halo Movie

(About that Doom movie, I am confused about how The Rock keeps getting work)

I smell cheap cash-in movie, will be good but not great, nice special effects, but dull and lackluster acting.

With my expectations set suitably low, I await the cinematic release bargain bucket DVD.

The Rock is actually a pretty excellent actor. I'm only sorry he hasn't gotten better roles.

Yeah, I feel the same way about Vin Diesel. Everyone remembers his crappy movies, but almost noone will aknowlege that he was f*cking great in Private Ryan or any of the countless indie films he's been in.

Countless .. indy movies ?!

# The Pacifier (2005) .... Shane Wolfe

# The Chronicles of Riddick (2004) .... Riddick

# A Man Apart (2003) .... Sean Vetter

# xXx (2002) .... Xander Cage

# Knockaround Guys (2001) .... Taylor Reese

# The Fast and the Furious (2001) .... Dominic Toretto

# Pitch Black (2000) .... Richard B. Riddick

# Boiler Room (2000) .... Chris Varick

# Multi-Facial (1999) .... Mike

# The Iron Giant (1999) (voice) .... The Iron Giant

# Saving Private Ryan (1998) .... Private Caparzo

# Strays (1997) .... Rick

# Awakenings(1990) (uncredited) .... Hospital Orderly

Countless might not be the word you were looking for... but Vin Diesel isn't a bad actor; he and The Rock have as much potential - if not more - as any SNL guy who went to the big screen.

Anyway, the news of the making of 'Halo -The Movie' has make a lot of questions popped in my underused mind:

Will the screenwriter Alex Garland - who did a great job on both 28 Days Later and The Beach, the latter having been bloody raped by the screenplay writer John Lodge - will he be able to pull off a movie with a faceless main character ?

Will this movie allow me to never play the games by sucking the scenario out of the first two opus and stuffing it into a single screenplay ?

Will Das Magnificient Uwe Boll direct this movie, thus making it an indeniable masterpiece ?

Once again, will there be a "Halo - the Movie : The Game" ?

Right now, this confuses me a lot. But not that much.

I think the rock and vin disel have the same problem: You look at them, you don't think 'dramatic actor', you think 'extreme action star'.

Vin Disel got one breakthrough film (hollywood-wise), Fast and the furious, unfortunately he started getting typecast. The Rock had The mummy, then got a spin-off the scorpion king, and was then typecast.

Personally, I think Halo is a franchise WORTHY of being raped by Boll & friends. I'm so sick of Master Chief's artificial Bad-assery and the endless repetition of each level. By the time I beat Halo, I was ready to kill myself from boredom. I played through because buddy told me "Oh man, the end is fantastic! You gotta stick it out!" After all that, a resounding :tmeh: to the ending and a :tdown: to the game.

Red vs Blue rocks, but thats because they invented characters, and a more developed plot (well, funnier anyway) than the actual games.

Personally, I think Halo is a franchise WORTHY of being raped by Boll & friends. I'm so sick of Master Chief's artificial Bad-assery and the endless repetition of each level. By the time I beat Halo, I was ready to kill myself from boredom. I played through because buddy told me "Oh man, the end is fantastic! You gotta stick it out!" After all that, a resounding :tmeh: to the ending and a :tdown: to the game.

Amen.

My only experience with the tepid plot was co-op multiplayer.

On Legendary, naturally.

The story didn't seem that important, the important thing was me and my friend beating the living snot out of these aliens on the hardest mode. (Oh, and tag teaming them. You know, one guy plays sniper and the other guy goes for melee. Its fun, try it. Bui;ds friendships better than those paintballing things for executives.)

I cared little about the convenant, or Halo (what was up with that? I never really got it) all I cared about was "If I blow up the warthog, puma if you will, how high will it go? Will it kill me if it lands on me?"

Yeah, OK. Co-op was fun. Unfortunately, the version I bought after never having seen the XBox one was PC. *sigh* When I finally did get around to playing the Co-op, I really enjoyed it, but that was more the teamwork and the fact that the guy I was playing it with was a childhood friend that I hadn't seen in years until that week. Good times, Bad game.

but that was more the teamwork and the fact that the guy I was playing it with was a childhood friend that I hadn't seen in years until that week.

Yeah, thats why I enjoyed it.

Okay, scratch my previous comment, it could've been any game I suppose.