Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Slashdot is apparently a nazi....

"Defendant slashdot.org is an far-right wing Internet news website that posts libelous and defamatory content and is used by Open Source Community members to anonymously post hate speech, death threats, threats to murder and promotes and advocates acts of domestic terrorism within the United States..."

???????????

http://www.merkeylaw.com/article.php?story=20050621145053855

Hehe. Well Slashdot is sort of Libertarian at times, which is right wing, but wholly different from the christian right/neocons.

Yeah /. has that going on, but it's also got people who yell up a storm when it's proposed that they may be required by law to pay for 911 service on their VoIP phones, instead of being able to add it optionally, which for some reason strikes me as very over-the-edge-libertarian.

uh... freedom of speech? sorry, anybody seen it... must have been misplaced...

Addendum: Ok I read some of the stuff that is in that post, and I can see where they must have problems. I don't think people on the internet are used to being taken seriously! So I guess there is some valid points to be made for this case and I have no doubt that Mr Merkey is a decent person. But including slashdot in there and stating that Linux is aiding terrorists? That is cutting it mighty close to slander IMHO. But I guess I didn't read the Patriot Act then, did I?

As Dr Samuel Johnson said it a long time ago...

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

Heee heee hee that made me smile.

Again! Twice! Yesterday and today when I reread it!