Tanukitsune

It had to happen eventually... I've found a game that even I think is horrid!

The game I'm talking about is CIA Operative Solo Missions, and it's just...:fart:

I know that I'm notorious for being too benign specially when it comes to small companies, but this game is just awful!

Where do I even start? Well, the plot is as the name suggests, doing want a CIA agent does, kill terrorists, sure you kill Russian terrorist and muslim and Cuban ones, but it's always stop their plan, kill the leader and that's that...

The graphics are so amateurish, they would be OK-ish if this game was released in 1997, but not 2001. The music was so forgettable I had to pop the game in again to make sure it actually did have music, it's not too bad, but it's so monotonous...

You won't have time to get bored, frustrated, or anything for that matter since this game is only 6 levels that last about 5 minutes each...

You get two levels in each area one being the kill the boss and get out of their alive level, and the other being but a bomb in their and get out of their before it blows up level...

You only get three weapons in the whole game: a pistol with a silencer a machine gun and sniper rifle, and the machine gun is the most inaccurate weapon I have seen! It's almost faster to kill the terrorist with the pistol!

The shoddiness is amusing to certain level, but still it IS the worst game that I have ever played...

For once I say, do NOT buy this game, unless you want it for laughs or something, fortunately the game ends before you even have enough time to hate it...

But in a way I'm happy to have played such a dreadful game, it puts things in perspective, because before I could tell if game was great, but now I can tell how horrid a game can be...

Score: :tdown::pan: :ponycrap: :cens0r: :\

(Waits for someone to say this game is "teh cool", just to contradict him...)

But in a way I'm happy to have played such a dreadful game, it puts things in perspective, because before I could tell if game was great, but now I can tell how horrid a game can be...

Score: :tdown::pan: :ponycrap: :cens0r: :\

(Waits for someone to say this game is "teh cool", just to contradict him...)

At least you got something out of it.

I never heard of this game (and I'm thankful that I haven't), but okay... teh cool.

Isn't this game like four years old?

The graphics are so amateurish, they would be OK-ish if this game was released in 1997, but not 2001.

Yes, and I am comparing it to games of that era...

Why the hell do you keep getting crappy budget games?

This is only crappy budget game I have, the rest are mediocre, but never this bad.... :shifty:

Do you consider Pizza Tycoon or Jazz Jackrabbit 2 crappy? Some of these budget games were finalists in the Independant Games Festival, some were even in the top ten sellers in Spain!

Yes, there are many crappy budget games, but budget =/= crappy...

I usually make posts about "crappy" games, because I've played them and can't see why the hell they got such a horrid score, wouldn't you do the same if a game you liked got hazed by the critics? :oldman:

I didn't mean to say that all budget games are crap, just that a lot of games you seem to buy are crap and were sold for a budget price (sorry if that was offensive). I'm just wondering why you don't save your money for games that get really good reviews instead of games that are at a low price and get bad reviews (and even if you didn't know of the ratings, why take the risk?).

And Jazz Jackrabbit 2 wasn't a budget game, or at least it wasn't in the USA

I do buy the good games too...

I've got Half-Life 2, Pirates!, World of Warcraft... I usually wait for the rest of the good games to reach the budget range.... :mock:

It's just that I'd rather also talk about games that nobody else does... And the popular games have already been talked about when I buy them...

I played Pyschotoxic and thought it was pretty fun for a budget indie game, and was surprised to see that the critics hazed it, so I talked about it... Ditto for Nitro Family, which still has one of my favorite soundtracks IMHO...

I guess coming in defense of games that get hazed only makes me look like I only buy crappy games... :erm:

As for Jazz Jackrabbit 2, I've noticed some games only arrive a few years later when they reach the budget range, and some are realeased directly in the budget range...

Geez, how many "crappy" games have I defended? Just the two mentioned before... :shifty:

So I like to raid the budget bin, remember that old games are there too, when I bought this game I also bought Commander & Conquer Red Alert, Theme Hospital and Manhunt (I MUST KILL YOU NOW!)... :shifty:

Tee, Red Alert. My God is that going back a bit.

yeah, I wanted to install red alert 2 some time ago and it wouldn't start the installer ;(

I even tried using the compatibilty mode, and it didn't help even though all the tech support sites say that will work.... :frusty:

You have to run both the installer and the main executable in Win95 compatability mode. I have the original four C&C games (+ expansions) all running on XP.

You must be a masochist or something , seems you just can't get enough of "crappymediocregames". Yes, thats one word.

You have to run both the installer and the main executable in Win95 compatability mode. I have the original four C&C games (+ expansions) all running on XP.

Tried it, didn't work... ;(

You must be a masochist or something , seems you just can't get enough of "crappymediocregames". Yes, thats one word.

Did you even read the whole thread? :shifty:

Tried it, didn't work... ;(

I guess you just suck then. :grin:

Did you install the latest patches after installing?

I guess you just suck then. :grin:

Did you install the latest patches after installing?

I can't get the install program to work! And I have all programs under W95 compatability...

As a matter of fact I did, but still , i've played most of the good games you played but I don't make myself sit through Cia Operatives , Csi murder investigation , and other games that most people would deem dull. Im not saying im totally mainstream , I do download games on AGS and try new games I just manage to avoid the ones you seem to be drawn to.

As a matter of fact I did, but still , i've played most of the good games you played but I don't make myself sit through Cia Operatives , Csi murder investigation , and other games that most people would deem dull. Im not saying im totally mainstream , I do download games on AGS and try new games I just manage to avoid the ones you seem to be drawn to.

This is really a totally unrelevant discussion - at least how it has played out until now. 'Tsune likes off-beat titles and he will sometimes tell us about them - well great. Karimi thinks some of those title are a waste of time - ok. - There is really nothing to discuss here.... just continue walking 'mam...

Oh. Erm. What happens when you try to run it?

I click you see the cursor go to think/load mode for a sec and nothing else happnes...

The same happens with Theme Hospital but since it has a DOS installer also I just used that...