Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

When did you break your first joystick?

Looks like I was just in the nick of time!

Looks like I was just in the nick of time!

Well, you may have won this time. But there will be other times. Other newbies. And will you be around to save them?

You have to sleep some time...

P.S. I am a billionaire and I own several houses along the west coast of America, which I rent out to Movie Stars!!!

Lol!

Our first one had like, a massive 1kb of memory!!!

Even the oldest Spectrum had 16KB of memory! *tsk* Damn youngun's!

P.S. - I'm 80.

Now that would have been hilarious, hearing you explain how you'd sit up, presumably at the age of 60, typing in code with your mom. Not to mention your bizarre fetish about stuffing sandwiches into tape decks... Lol! :)

I never managed to save these files on cassette, so at the end of the day my proud work was always lost when turning off the 'puter.

Still, though: At least it kept me off the streets dealing pot before they made it legal.

--Erwin

P.S. I'm 80.

Oooo! Wowie. Did I mention I like older women? Ask Deadworm! :mock:<-- oi! That's some horny smiley. How did that one get in here?

I never managed to save these files on cassette, so at the end of the day my proud work was always lost when turning off the 'puter.

Still, though: At least it kept me off the streets dealing pot before they made it legal.

--Erwin

And this is why the Amstrad CPC, with its disc drive and Multiface (allowing to save memory snapshots of tapes onto disc) was the ultimate home computer :woohoo:...

Look, there's only 15kb difference between 1 kb and 16kb.

Besides, there was 1kb something. Maybe we got an extra 1kb.

I wish I had an extra 1KB now.

Talking about keyboards - I have this old, late 80's IBM keyboard. It weights about a ton, and says distinctly click when you push any button - and the space button has this timbre in its sound, making in nearly possible to hear what you write... ahhh

Which gives me and idea:

What computer peripheral would be best suited as a weapon?

You could certainly kill someone with my keyboard - but it would be hard to conceal going into a bar....

any thoughts?

You could certainly kill someone with my keyboard - but it would be hard to conceal going into a bar....

any thoughts?

A Logitech joystick would be the ideal choice. The base alone weighs more than several starving orphans put together, so bludgeoning someone to death wouldn't even take much effort. With a force-feedback version and some electronics you could set it up as some kind of auto-pumelling machine. And, as for sneaking it into a bar, you could simply stick it down your pants and wait for the "is that a Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital in your pocket..." comments to roll in before laughing gaily and hacking the joker to death.

If you took Erwin's broken one you could modify it at will, so you wouldn't even need to take the joystick part, just the base and bottom of the shattered stick. Throw it at someone's face or stab them in the groin with the sawn-off joystick part - the choice is yours!

If you took Erwin's broken one you could modify it at will, so you wouldn't even need to take the joystick part, just the base and bottom of the shattered stick. Throw it at someone's face or stab them in the groin with the sawn-off joystick part - the choice is yours!

Oh yeah! It would leave a neat mark saying "NAMGNIW" on your forehead as well! :erm:

--Erwin

And, as for sneaking it into a bar, you could simply stick it down your pants and wait for the "is that a Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital in your pocket..." comments to roll in before laughing gaily and hacking the joker to death.

LOL !!!

:gaming: - and I suppose this smiley is trying to commit suicide with his joystick....

A simple, innocent looking mouse would easily suffice if you could sneak up on your victim... that handy cable!

Look, there's only 15kb difference between 1 kb and 16kb.

Only?! In the days of the Spectrum it meant the world! :)