Sign in to follow this  
QueZTone

Gaming on the Pocket PC / PDA

So which of our favorite classic adventure games can you get working on your Pocket PC?

So far I've been able to play most of the really classic SCUMM adventures.

Tested:

SMI & LCR thumbsup.gif

Loom thumbsup.gif

Indy FoA thumbsup.gif

I wonder if games like CMI, DOTT, Sam and Max, Full Throttle, The Dig would work..anyone ever tested that?

some eye candy:

foa1.jpg

foa2.jpg

I've tried Sam & Max on my ipaq, it works pretty well.

The only thing is that you need to map a hardware button to act as the right click (as Sam & Max uses left and right mouse buttons on the pc).

I replayed Monkey Island 2 over various bus trips, which was great.

Pocket ScummVM is an extremely solid piece of kit.

I wonder if games like CMI, DOTT, Sam and Max, Full Throttle, The Dig would work..anyone ever tested that?

I've tested all of those except Dig (which I don't own and have never played). CMI's resolution is atleast twice that of of PDA though, so it's pushing it on size. The fullthrottle bits on the bike are impossible too (it actually might crash it, I'm not sure), so if you put it on remember to play those parts through on your PC Scumm--the saves are transferable.

Hell, I'm ready for Grim Fandango.

that's all great to hear, ill be trying some sam and max and full throttle soon then :D but first i need a bigger memory card ;(

Remember not to play Beneath a Steel Sky with it. You wouldn't believe how annoying it is to raid a cupboard right at the beginning of the game...