SoccerDude28

What have I done??? (World of Warcraft)

I just bought World or warcraft. Oh my god, what have I done ... There goes 4 hours without me blinking. I've never felt time pass by like this. I already am a night elf at level 6, killed a big spider, danced with some random girl, and joined a guild. This game is crack I tell you... It's crack.

It's really really really fun. :sad: I recently hit 56.

Before Warcraft I watched a DVD every night, when I got it I played it every night until I started missing watching DVDs, so I played on alternate days...

Now I have a TV tuner so I can just watch TV or a DVD while I play, yet sill...

There are people who seems to be there ALWAYS no matter the day or hour...

I just hit level 41 and got my Felsteed and all my secondary skills to artisan, but I've only done two instances... :shifty:

What server are you on?

And you should have been on when the honor system was first added, it was insane. People were in such a rush to get honor points that there were horde everywhere and you couldn't go anywhere without being killed.

He he, I was going to click on a NPC to get a quest when I noticed the pointer was a sword...

Some guy was trying to trick me into figthing him but getting in my way.... :shifty:

What server are you on?

And you should have been on when the honor system was first added, it was insane. People were in such a rush to get honor points that there were horde everywhere and you couldn't go anywhere without being killed.

I'm still kinda new to this game, so I'm just learning as I go. What are honor points? And can you actually be killed by some other random player in a non PvP zone?

i asked Rob from consolevania to sum up WoW in 5 words and he said

"I CANT TURN IT OFF"

I'm still kinda new to this game, so I'm just learning as I go. What are honor points? And can you actually be killed by some other random player in a non PvP zone?

You get honor points when you kill someone that's part of the other team, and the more honor points you get, the higher in rank you get, and you get some cool stuff.

You can't be killed randomly by other players in a non PvP zone. The only places where the other side can just randomly kill you are in contested territories. Otherwise, if you're in their territory or they're in yours, the intruder has to be attacked first before he can attack back.

I like playing World of Warcraft, when I'm not doing anything, you know, else. Like working, drawing or visiting my girlfriend.

That makes me an abberation. I'm known to have entire midweeks without playing, or even wanting to desperately. I guess that just makes me a sucker for paying a lot for so little playing time.

The thing I think that keeps me from losing interest is being in a really cool guild. I was invited by a guy I actually know in real life and I know a couple of the other guys in person, and pretty much everyone in the guild is just really chill and laid back. It's a pretty small guild because we don't let anyone in until we've hung out with them for a while and we know they're not an asshole. :shifty:

yes! I guess that is pretty much key for WoW! I never managed to find any cool guys to hang out with being on a german RP server where everyone pretty much sucks (this was due to some other complications) now I pretty much gave up on the game after only reaching level 43 ...

The thing I think that keeps me from losing interest is being in a really cool guild. I was invited by a guy I actually know in real life and I know a couple of the other guys in person, and pretty much everyone in the guild is just really chill and laid back. It's a pretty small guild because we don't let anyone in until we've hung out with them for a while and we know they're not an asshole. :shifty:

I have to agree, if I wasn't in the guild I would probably be tired of the game by now. But things like what happened today make the game a lot more interesting and give the game some lasting appeal. Today our guild (Cardboard Tube Samurai) was supposed to have a battle with the horde guild (Obsidian Spur), but the OS didn't show up because they suck (they do this a lot) so instead, we decided to raid a town (gadgetzan) and free the town from Horde control. Gadgetzan is actually a neutral town but ever since the honor system came out, horde have taken it over to get more honor points. Our guild attacked the town, wiped out all the horde, and hopefully gadgetzan is now in alliance control. But I kinda doubt it since the horde seems to have a lot more hardcore WoW fans and they seem a lot more organized.

So chris and Le Chimp, what are guilds really for. I joined one, some girl approached me yesterday and asked me if I wanted to join, but I have no clue what a guild provides or what do you do in one. So far I've been playing it mostly solo, which is fun, but I think it might get boring after a while. I do need some more folks to do group fights and stuff.

So chris and Le Chimp, what are guilds really for. I joined one, some girl approached me yesterday and asked me if I wanted to join, but I have no clue what a guild provides or what do you do in one. So far I've been playing it mostly solo, which is fun, but I think it might get boring after a while. I do need some more folks to do group fights and stuff.

A guild is really just a group of people to hang out with and do missions and stuff. It makes it a lot easier to form groups for instances and stuff though, and people are around to help you out.

I'm in a guild too, and even though I'm still very much a solo-er, I find a lot of comfort and aid in the guild. It really helps the game if you have a steady group of people you can ask to join you, or you can arbitrarily talk to. Otherwise, WoW can be a lonely place.

I had a period a month or so ago where I really didn't care about WoW anymore, but It's been going well now for a while, because I've shifted my reasons to play the game: I'm now doing it to see the entire world and suck up all those amazing landscapes. The rest is complementary ;)