Sign in to follow this  
Kolzig

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory demo released

I played the xbox demo a bit yesterday night, and while its fun, it's not as amazing as I'd maybe led it to be by Penny Arcade :)

edit: errrmm... i meant to write "it's not as amazing as I'd maybe been led to think it might be by Penny Arcade :)"

I played the xbox demo a bit yesterday night, and while its fun, it's not as amazing as I'd maybe led it to be by Penny Arcade :)

I played the OXM demo, and it is definately the best looking xbox game I have ever seen, and it was also pretty fun, despite my hatred for 3rd person stealth games..

Loved the first one. Thought the second one was great. Having played the Xbox demo, I can safely say this one trumps them both. It is simply too awesome for its own good.

Anyone else playing the PC demo?

I have some weird glitch where Sam starts walking about really slowly. And refuses to speed up. There is another weird glitch where he looks like some sort of alien, but I think that might be "by design".

Why is it that the more shinily realistic graphics get, the worse the people in the games look? Half Life 2 is (almost as ever) about the only exception to this rule I can think of.

This confuses me. Apart from that damn if it doesn't look nice. And it's at least as much fun as the others in the series, which is to say - it's pretty cool.

I think I could quite happily spend all day split-jumping up corridor walls and then dropping on people's heads. I am STILL ten ninjas!!

w00!

Roll on full game (after I get done with Ace Combat 5 and Bujingai) :yep:

There's already a new demo available from Ubisoft which corrects some bugs that were in that first demo.

At least I think I read that somewhere.

that appears to be true I think...

but it also appears to be another 600mb download.

:mega-shifty:

Why is it that the more shinily realistic graphics get, the worse the people in the games look?

Sam Fisher was always an ugly cunt, even before he was shiny.

Anyway I thik the reason for wierd faces is this: faces have never looked good really, only in Half-Life 2, and mostly because of the texture and the animation. Other developers are using normal mapping on people just like on metal or plastic; its hard and unnatural, where as faces and enviornemtns tend to be lit by scattered light in a difuse way. We'll just have to wait this 'action-figure' phase of graphics out.

Sam Fisher was always an ugly cunt, even before he was shiny.

:hmph: Watch it, breeder!

I, as an extremely demanding gay guy, happen to think Sam is one of the handsomest, sexiest, and downright fuckable game hero. What do YOU know about gorgeous men?

:mrt:

Really, Sam wasn't even that ugly in the first two games. Granted, he didn't look as good as some of the Half Life 2 character models, but at least he wasn't so ugly his hideous face distracted you. But with Chaos Theory?

1107313774.jpg

I mean, Jesus, what the hell did they do to his face? He looks like a semi-retarded chimpanzee. And is it just me, or is he wearing eyeliner?

Really, Sam wasn't even that ugly in the first two games. Granted, he didn't look as good as some of the Half Life 2 character models, but at least he wasn't so ugly his hideous face distracted you. But with Chaos Theory?

I mean, Jesus, what the hell did they do to his face? He looks like a semi-retarded chimpanzee. And is it just me, or is he wearing eyeliner?

;(WHAT THE FUCK did they do to him?!!!! Goddammit, he looks uglier than Vin Diesel!!!! Where's that beautiful strong jawline? Where's his subtle lips? He looks like.......HE LOOKS SO FUCKING WRONG!!

:frusty:AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Ubisoft's gonna fucking pay for this!!!

Why doesn't the god damn game run in fullscreen mode.

Everytime I start the demo, it goes into window mode. And there seems to be no way to change that. :frusty:

Ok then, it seems that the problem was with the first demo. I downloaded the newer demo last night and now the fullscreen mode worked.

The graphics have really gone through a lot of changes since I last saw SC...