Sign in to follow this  
Jayel

Syberia Blows

syberia.jpg

I mean look at this cover art!!! horror!!!!

She's so ugly! man what the hell were they thinking?? At least the guys at Monolith had enough sense to give Cate Archer facelift for NOLF sequel, but as far as i know Microids didn't bother changing Kate Walker's face. If you're gonna have an ugly protagonist, at least have enough sense to put her OUT of the cover. PUt a mammoth instead! sheesh, and they expect their games to sell???

don't tell me i'm being shallow!!!!

You are being shallow :)

Besides, Syberia was kind of fun.. what with its fiendish clockwork creatures, and generally weird ambiance..

Dude, I think she's hot. Too bad she's attracted to decrepit old men with elephant fetishes.

She is hot, and the game was a tad boring, I'll give you that, but Syberia 2 looks like it will be good.

she's too much of a bloody non-descript euro-chick. She looks like every other female adventure protagonist out there with the possible exception of Laverne from DOTT. But she was hardly a woman herself.

She is utterly commonplace and annoying and superficial and vanilla. I never much liked vanilla.

All I know is that they could've put a donkey's face in its place and I wouldn't have spotted a difference.

I think you should follow my humble suggestion and get yourself a pair of glasses and you might be able to spot the difference.

The problem is that she got this gaze that cows have when they look at an oncoming train.

And the games isn't juste my type.. I can't stand these pre-rendered backgrounds where there is nothing to do and which you walk by 20 times an hour.

Is that smiley masturbating?

It's playing guitar, isn't it?....

Isn't it ? starts crying

You know that one part in Syberia when you're trying to get that foreign couple to move their boat? The woman on that boat has the worst voice acting of any character in any game ever created. I challenge everyone to prove me wrong.....I have to go find a sound clip....

Alright, she's horrible. But I LOVED her and her husband. Snicker material.

My biggest complaint was that there was practically NO interactivity other than the puzzles. Kate was never allowed to comment her views and observations on anything. It was so fascist! I ended up projecting imaginary attitudes onto her because she was never given a chance to develop her own.

I agree that Kate was a bit mute through out the game, but I wish she stayed mute during the fucking telephone calls, those were absolutely brutal. Lets find Benoit Sokal and lynch him! His game sucks.

You the game was a french one, so if the amercian dub sucked you'd better complain to the publisher.

Yeah you're right about that one, but Sokal still needs a lynching for the piss job he did on the rest of it anyway.

Yeah you're right about that one, but Sokal still needs a lynching for the piss job he did on the rest of it anyway.

You're case is desesperate.

Benoit Sokal never really had the intention to create a pure adventure game, the three games he was involved in so far ( Amerzon, Syberia I & II) were definitely all advanced interactive comic books( well, in the french-belgium style).

It's like complaining about the lack of non-linear storyline in Egypte 3 after having played Versailles, Egypte and Atlantis.

Amerzon, Syberia I and Syberia II are well constructed "products" as interactive stories; don't get mad at the lack of elements that weren't even supposed to be there.

But guys, she's got a GREAT personality! ;) ..I admit, I found her to be a tad boring. All in all, I wasn't as much blown away as the general consensus was when it was released. But on the other hand, I DID like the game all in all, but it never made into my top ten really. I was going to say something profound about how silly it is caring about what Kate looks like, and then I remembered my completely out-of-proportion infatuation for Gabriel Knight, in GK2, hehehehe! (It sure weren't the acting skills that drew me in!)

Damn, I'm still waiting for Benoit Sokal to create an adventure game based on his Detective Canardo comic book series.

No that would be an awesome adventure game I tell you.