Sign in to follow this  
Kolzig

Troika Games closes

Damn indeed. I can't help but feel that, after Arcanum, all their projects were forced to release too early. You will be missed, Troika, as I reckon that you had some good games left in you.

i cant help but feel a bit pissed off, even though ive yet to actually play a troika game. its just so depressing knowing that all the developers are closing down left, right & center.

SiN

Damn indeed. I can't help but feel that, after Arcanum, all their projects were forced to release too early. You will be missed, Troika, as I reckon that you had some good games left in you.

That's bullshit : they claimed for months that Vampire Bloodlines was finished and that they only waited for HL2 to be released... look at the bugs in the final version, that's unforgettable.

However, I will miss those guys (until they fund a new company) because their design philisophy was intelligent; too bad they didn't had good technicians with them.

I liked Arcanum, but felt that it almost had TOO much to offer. There were so many inter locking skill sets that I had to hack the game to feel that I was getting the full world expieriance.

I think it would have made a good mmorpg though.

That's bullshit : they claimed for months that Vampire Bloodlines was finished and that they only waited for HL2 to be released... look at the bugs in the final version, that's unforgettable.

I've never seen this publicly stated. Rumoured, I'm happy to admit, but I've never seen a public company statement that this was the case. If there is one, though, then I'm happy to admit that they were wrong, but I would still be correct in saying that the game was rushed to release too early in the wake of Half-Life 2.

I'm pretty sure I saw it as well. In fact, I heard that they were even considering adding multiplayer to it, which was taken out in the early stages. They had a lot of extra time to fix bugs with Vampire. If they had fixed the bugs and polished the combat, Vampire had the potential to become a classic.