Jake

Hitchhikers Guide - new trailer

Dirk's supposed to be a bit on the heavy side, or at least not look terribly attractive. I've always hoped that if they do a Dirk movie they don't cast a celebrity as Dirk. My biggest fear is John Cleese. It seems like the sort of casting a movie studio would insist on.

"I still think Chris Barry would have been the perfect Arthur Dent..."

yeh maybe... i dunno - he is perfect at having low or no self esteem whatsoever, but with arthur its not so much that he has low self esteem more than hes just almost completley incapable of anything.... naive and generally confused...

chris barry characters (rimmer, brittas etc) tend to be characters that no one in the show can stand - even the character themsevles. Arthur is just.. there.

maybe that doesnt make sense ¬¬

http://progressive.stream.aol.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2005/hitchhikersguidetothegalaxythe_018894/hitchhikersguidetothegalaxythe_fl_dl.mov

a clip in which they're on the Vogsphere being assaulted by guards programmed to stomp out original/dangerous thoughts or ideas

My rating is: :shifty: but acceptable. i thought it was funny.

The whole movie was viciously slagged recently by the series' "ultimate fan" (quotes are mine) who runs the "Planet Magrathe" H2G2 news site, and has been taking a lot of heat in the general nerd/dork/geek community online because of it, but all suspicions that it could be a huge explosion of crap being taken into account, i'm still giving this film the benefit of the doubt, until I see it.

I keep getting people asking me if I've heard about the movie (I reread The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide a couple weeks ago), and for the most part they seem genuinely interested in it. Actually, it's been freaking me out because I never realized so many people pay attention to what I read. :erm:

Oh yeah, and the British website is much better. Big surprise there. :shifty: