Sign in to follow this  
BigJKO

Holy Testicle Tuesday

High Dynamic Range Lighting here we come!

One feature that we'll be adding to the Source engine in the coming months is high dynamic range lighting. To showcase this we've taken a part of the Highway 17 chapter of Half-Life 2 and worked it into a single level that incorporates HDR along with some new gameplay. We're calling this short level "The Lost Coast," and it will be made available free of charge to Half-Life 2 customers that meet a specific set of high end hardware requirements. We'll be publishing those requirements soon.

:bomb:

I was just coming in here to post that exact quote :) So I'll add the images instead:

lost_coast_01.jpg

lost_coast_02.jpg

...and it will be made available free of charge to Half-Life 2 customers that meet a specific set of high end hardware requirements. We'll be publishing those requirements soon.

Sounds like you can't even download this if your system doesn't meet the requirements??

It may run at 1 FPS for me, but I want to see it anyway, damnit!

when i first saw the first image on steam news, i was absolutely stunned by it!

then i thought, "oh wait, thats just concept art"

but now im like, "woah, is it concept art?"

im rather confused

SiN

Certainly it is concept art. They couldn't have just added some advanced lighting thingamajob and made it look like that. Or could they?

(Actually, after looking at it more closely, it could possibly be a screen, but the background couldn't and it seems too seamless)