Sign in to follow this  
Kolzig

Gothic III announced

http://press.jowood.com/html/News/news_details.php?id=272&title=NEWS%20Int.&bereich=61

"Our main efforts are to increase quality, atmosphere and fascination in Gothic III, to deliver an unbeatable RPG experience to all the Gothic fans out there. But even with all the improvements and innovations, we continue to build upon the unique concept of the Gothic titles", promises Mike Hoge, developer Piranha Bytes.

Yeah, everybody knew it's in the works... I hope it will be everything Gothic 2 was and more.

Never played Gothic. Loved Gothic II. But it did lack somewhat in the polish-department. No, I'm not talking about poles. Whoa. Funny how both polish and poles can be confused with the language/culture/people. :blink:

I loved Gothic, I finished it twice, once as a swamp-dwelling hermit fighter thing and once as a mage; I've tried playing Gothic II again right before I went over to enjoying the shiny people in Butcher Bay, but I just couldn't do it. I seem to be in constant fear of making wrong decisions, even though chances are I will play the game more than once. Also, Gothic II was far uglier than the first game. I don't know how they managed to pull it off, seeing how the polygon count was higher per beast/person and the textures bigger... Maybe I am just annoyed by the foliage.

I'm going to venture a guess that it will be awesome.

I'm keen to see what the old characters are up to now... but man I really hope they've got the old voice actor for Diego back or scrap the character cause everything that was cool about him in the first game was pretty much lost in the second one - that aside the sequel was excellent. I also hope they get some more different actors to put a bit more variety in the voices from character to character (cause you could tell it was the same people in a lot of cases).

... and horses, that would be nice.

Maybe I am just annoyed by the foliage.

Probably, because I thought Gothic 2 looked much better than the first one.