Sign in to follow this  
Duncan

Gamespot's KOTOR II review

I don't think a lot of people put that much faith in Gamespot's reviews anymore (I don't, at least), but their KOTOR II review is up, with a score of 8.5.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/kotor2/review.html

The Sith Lords' morally ambiguous storyline has a number of poignant moments along these lines, and since much depends on the decisions you make and the traveling companions you take with you, there will be plenty left to see after you've finished the game for the first time. It also has some nice throwbacks to the original story, most notably in the form of several returning characters whom you'll probably appreciate seeing (and hearing) again.

Man, I tried to pick out an outstandingly interesting paragraph, but the whole review, I thought, was pretty dull.

Anyway, it seems to be just as good as KOTOR, with the lower ranking apparently being because the graphics aren't any better than the first one. There's also some apparent technical glitches, which will hopefully be fixed by the time the PC version comes out.

It amazes me to no extent how that Gamespot paragraph manages to tell you absolutely nothing.

Yeah, it's sort of fun how IGN's reviews are getting better reader scores than Gamespot's over at gamerankings. First it was HL2 and now KotOR2, hat gives?