Tanukitsune

Funny, horrifying or good news? V.Smile, the first educational gaming console!

V-Tech, makers of all those eudcational toys you may or may not have played in your youth, has created a gaming system for kids, that only plays educational games called V.Smile... :eek:

107215ma.jpg

They play "Smartridges" which all seem to be 2D games and most of them plataformers where have to do such things as pick letters to spell word and find items with a certain shape or color (keep in mind this is intended for kids 8 years and younger)...

Is it good news? Yes, because now parents can buy their children a gaming systems where they are sure their kids can't play Rockstar or other violent games, unless they make "GTA: Learn the Ghetto Lingo", that is... :deranged:

The TV ad consists of a mother constantly saying stuff like "You won't have desert if you don't play your games", "You can stay up late if you play your video games"...

Is it funny? Yes... A Care Bears game? :hah:

It is horrifying? Yes... A Care Bears game? Oh, the humanity! The horror, the funky horror! :deranged:

hmmmm...but...but...probably such gaming consoles may improve the reputation of video games in the entire world. now parents can say instead of wohoooo!!! my kid is learning how to kill people and launch massacres with the help of video games!!! something like wohoooo!!! my kid is learning how to count numbers and distinguish colors with the help of winnie the pooh!!! all the violence is the fault of tv and movies!!! hail to video games!!! hmmm...ohhhhhkay i'm an optimistic person. too optimistic. :innocent:

it is scary. yes. it is. like teletubbies in doom 3 engine. :deranged:

Why don't they port Humongous and Hulabee games to this monstrosity? I hate these condescending game systems that the adults develop to "teach" children something or other through lacklustre gratuitously "teachy" gameplay.

Why don't they port Humongous and Hulabee games to this monstrosity? I hate these condescending game systems that the adults develop to "teach" children something or other through lacklustre gratuitously "teachy" gameplay.

Well, it uses a joystick and not a mouse for starters... :mock:

First educational console?

Sega Pico, people.

I never heard of this one before, I googled a little and...

It's the first kiddie only console, that I'll give you, but some of their games weren't educational...

Sonic's Playground was a bunch or mini-games... What's educational about racing Robotnik? Or Basketball?

And a Crayon drawing game? Not educational, but it's for kids and helps them be more creative...

But now I wonder if the V.Smile will flop like the Sega Pico, or will it eventually start making non-educational games... :erm: