Sign in to follow this  
Rob Zacny

Three Moves Ahead 538: Hell Let Loose

Three Moves Ahead 538:

Three Moves Ahead 538

Hell Let Loose
This week Rob is joined by Ranged Touch's Cameron Kunzelman and PCGamesN's Ian Boudreau to discuss an unusual World War II military shooter that feels more like a tactics game: Hell Let Loose. Hear the stirring tale of trying to explain how to drive a manual transmission to someone who has only ever been in his 2006 Honda Civic during the middle of a war. Find out which war movie officer Rob would be. And by the end, probably have a pretty good idea of whether or not this would be your thing or not.

Hell Let Loose

I'd be interested in a comparison between HLL and what seems to be another game with extremely similar goals, Post Scriptum. I keep meaning to try one of them out, but then I get lost in trying to figure out which one to try and end up not trying either.

Is the discord server really only available at the 33 dollar (cdn) pledge level? That’s more than all of my streaming services combined 

I got pulled into this game after a free weekend and found it to be captivating. I hope you will revisit it soon. I am finding my fellow players approach the game with a good degree of seriousness, and I think you under-emphasize just how beautiful and therefore immersive the maps and animations are (at least on my new mid-high end PC). I have been playing WWII games and shooters for about 35 years, so I clearly need a game which I can enjoyably play even with sub-par reflexes and vision.

Also, the fact you don't really know what is going on overall generally lets you believe that your own side is working as a team as long as your squad is, which makes victories all the more satisfying!