Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Dear (most of) middle America....

Alright, calm down. We'll tolerate some things here, but let's not take it too far. I do understand your anger, cause I'm feeling it too, but let's keep it somewhat civilized.

ZeroXcape: I will (forcefully) disagree with you. :( It's funny that you point out the media as being biased against Bush and trying to defame him. From where I'm standing, the Bush administration has been cleverly feeding talking points to the media and pretty much used it to win the election.

Howard Dean is an angry maniac! Howard Dean is an angry maniac! Howard Dean is an angry maniac! Howard Dean is an angry maniac!

Kerry most liberal senator! Kerry most liberal senator! Kerry most liberal senator! Kerry most liberal senator! Kerry most liberal senator!

Kerry wants global test! Kerry wants global test! Kerry wants global test! Kerry wants global test! Kerry wants global test!

Kerry is a flip-flopper! Kerry is a flip-flopper! Kerry is a flip-flopper! Kerry is a flip-flopper! Kerry is a flip-flopper! Kerry is a flip-flopper!

It's actually the Bush administration that rarely discussed the contents of a debate, or answered questions head-on, but focused by far the most on rhetoric. When a reporter gives Dick Cheney a list of criticisms from the Washington Post, one of the most highly respected newspapers, the answer is "we don't consider the Post friendly, so we won't respond to any criticisms". (And don't hang onto that because it's one example. Just pick any interview or press conference and pay attention to what they really say.) Cop-outs and rhetoric-filled replies have been the order of the day since Bush came into office. They've continuously created buzzwords for the public that helped create an alternate reality in the minds of everyone. Old Europe, Axis of Evil, Coalition of the Willing, need I go on? Does Bush use the word idealogs in normal conversation? Is this the real world we're talking about?

If you're subjected to that crap day in day out, then yes, you'll start thinking like it. You'll think that the other side, which has some less-than-pleasant but very real things to tell, are spewing propaganda at you, but that's only because you've already been led to believe something else.

new_map.jpg

I like that "Hello everyone, please copy, don't link!" -text. And the cow is cute. We need a cow emoticon here.

Next thing Bush is going to introduce the special American greet. I think it will involve raising the arm... but the left one. HA! There, I got you! You thought I was making another allusion to nazi Germany didn't you? Well I wasn't, see. This one is different. Cause it's American... :deranged:

I think we're all being a bit harsh here...just because someone voted for Bush doesn't make them a complete idiot.

Personally, I always thought of myself as being somewhat conservative, until I saw what people who proudly call themselves conservative believe in and so now I'm a firmly Left Wing NutcaseTM.

Anyway, voting for bush doesn't make anyone an idiot. Believing that terrorism is a global threat doesn't make anyone a complete idiot.

Believing that capturing Bin Laden and the list of "known" terrorists will "win" the "war on terror"? Yeah, that makes you an idiot. Or at least, an incredibly misguided person.

Bush Won: :tdown:

We get four more years of Ann Coulter thinking she's in the majority: :tdown::tdown::tdown:

We get four more years of great material for left-leaning comedians: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Although I freely admit to getting carried away I think I've been fairly careful in my wording most of the time. Okay "51% of America is retarded" is an unfair comment, but I do maintain that all of those 51 were either extremely misguided (and, to be fair, even intelligent people can be brainwashed by effective propaganda) or simply selfish arrogant bastards who care nothing about the world or the future.

I agree "terrorism is a global threat" but I think it's a threat created by the neo-conservatives of America (and Bush more than any before him), and they in fact form a greater threat to world peace than Al Qaeda ever has or will.

I'm sorry you've opted to make this post your first here, because it's one hell of a first impression.
I would just like to point out that ZeroXcape is not quite a newbie to most of us here even though this is his first post....

Still, we hate his malnourished views.

(and, to be fair, even intelligent people can be brainwashed by effective propaganda)
Having said that, anyone who watches pretty much any talk by Bush for any extended amount of time and doesn't realize he shouldn't be president is an idiot.

A few fun facts about Bush speeches:

- He continually resorts to tough-guy rhetoric

- He has the black & white world view of someone from the Dark Ages

- He avoids all intelligent questions systematically

- He has no grasp of the English language

I'm trying to imagine how good the Republican spin-doctors must be to make this guy look good, but I just can't do it. It boggles the mind. I guess most of the people that voted for him had never even seen him on tv for more than 5 minutes on end, and were just told by their preacher to go vote Bush.

That makes them even bigger idiots.

Then there's the people that know exactly what Bush and his government stand for and what they have done, and they want more of it.

These people are bastards.

People, please don't feel the need to be big bastards towards Zero. I don't agree with his views and clearly most of you don't either, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he comes off a lot more rational than people just responding to him with goofy smilies or kneejerk insults. Again, I don't agree with him but there's nothing anyone can do about the election at this point and if you're not prepared to discuss it reasonably then don't. Feel free to have posts or threads with general partisan flaming but don't take it out on individuals who are just one of many who share similar ideas. If people feel like they can't express dissenting opinions on these forums because everyone will just get pissed off, it doesn't actually make the forums better (contrary to what you may think). Anyway, if Zero becomes insulting and shitty I'll give him the same spiel, but he gave a valid perspective. Anyway, now that I've said the same thing a million times in a row, maybe I'll get Kingzjester on my ass about conciseness and divert the thread. Awesome.

Okay, to be slightly fairer to you, Zero... I think you do have a point that Bush' campaign was based on people liking him, while Kerry's campaign rested mostly on hate of Bush for support and this most likely contributed to the amount of votes that went to Bush. Kerry would've won if he'd been more likable.

Sentences that don't need to actually be said because the accomplish nothing but are in fact unnecessarily provacative include...

I also think you are an idiot rather than a bastard, if that's any comfort. :shifty:

Continue to refute his points or provide your own opinions or even make general frustrated comments towards other parties, but please steer clear of direct personal insults. I'm not trying to be a Nazi (or I'd edit and delete posts, which I clearly won't do) but I promise that the longer these insult wars go on, the more frustrated everyone's going to be, guaranteed, but of course no situations will actually improve. It's for your own good, people.

I'm not trying to be a Nazi (or I'd edit and delete posts, which I clearly won't do)

Yeah, those guys were bastards when it came to moderating forums.

Yeah, those guys were bastards when it came to moderating forums.

You'd think so, listening to Kingz.