Sign in to follow this  
Brannigan

Apex on both your legends! I am slid. Is the squad gone and hath nothing?

Apex Legends! Very good!  I bounced right the fuck off Fortnite but this is grabbing me nicely.  The movement is great even without full parkour, as you can climb up many walls and slide like a boss(It is built off the house that Titanfall made).  The teamwork possible just from the ROBUST ping tool alone is great.  One button to point out an area interest, or an enemy, or a weapon/ammo/item of use.  It also can point out where people have been if there's doors and loots open!  The teamwork stuff feels very refreshing after playing a ton of Overwatch and getting increasingly annoyed with the lack of teamwork/comp that happens in that game alot, and annoyed with blizzard's general resistance to enforcing or encouraging teamwork in a more robust way.  Apex is also nice in that even if you suck you can contribute just by healing/shielding/reviving/pinging.  Also enjoy that you can actually revive your squad, coming back from near full wipes at times.  Like Overwatch, the lords here all have unique abilities that can contribute to the squad or damage.

Plus right out of an action movie, I once slid past a grenade and then jump kicked over my downed teammate and took out the last enemy with a hit to the throat, as I was down to no bullets and no options.

Edit: Many people have pointed this out but it delights me.  The roster of characters is quite diverse.  The only white man is a guy named Caustic and all his abilities spread toxic gas.

53 minutes ago, Kyir said:

It should have had giant robots.

Would have been cool! But still really like it a lot

I've been enjoying it too, though I'm not good at it by any means. The stark verticality of some areas is a nice change to much flatter royale maps, and I much prefer the ziplines and faster movement to things like cars. I have found it to be significantly less enjoyable playing with random people, but that's part of every game. Being able to play solo at all would be nice.

18 hours ago, Kyir said:

I've been enjoying it too, though I'm not good at it by any means. The stark verticality of some areas is a nice change to much flatter royale maps, and I much prefer the ziplines and faster movement to things like cars. I have found it to be significantly less enjoyable playing with random people, but that's part of every game. Being able to play solo at all would be nice.

I've strangely had mostly positive experiences playing with randoms.  To the point where I get grouped with Godlords of the game and despite my doing shitty they still would compliment me or thank me for trying?  I only had one bad experience where a man who got angry because I chose the apex he wanted, despite him not saying he wanted it, and then proceeding to get himself murdered and disconnected immediately.  Teamwork is actually one of the big draws for me on this.

43 minutes ago, Henke said:

Amazing thread title.

Also I'm not gonna play this.

:eyebrow:

I had no interest in battle royale games and this pleasing me in surprising ways! 

I'm awful at this game but it's definitely the most positive online gaming I've dones with strangers since TF2. They did a ton of work to help with that, it's really cool.

11 hours ago, osmosisch said:

I'm awful at this game but it's definitely the most positive online gaming I've dones with strangers since TF2. They did a ton of work to help with that, it's really cool.

I'm getting better at it, I've now won two matches...in a row somehow, though I was mostly carried other than getting the winning kill on the second one.  Also somehow got the kraber sniper rifle and mastiff shotgun within minutes of each other on one of them.  I unlocked Mirage which is by far my favorite character.  All the misdirects possible to execute flanks or escapes with him just makes it that much more fun.  Even when I'm not getting kills with him I can at least use my decoy to reveal enemy positions/distract them from the real threats.  I've pulled off some pretty frantic magic moves to grab my squads banners when everyone else is down and reviving the team from wipe just from misdirecting the hell out of the enemy and bolting out.