Sign in to follow this  
eRonin

[RELEASED] A Wish Upon A Star

9 hours ago, Nappi said:

I loved the beginning of the game - very cinematic! I like the small touches like the shaking UI as well.

The shaking UI is simply a by-product of the HUD object not being able to keep up with the movement of the camera :x

Not making any attempt to "fix" it is a choice, I suppose.

Yeah, the browser version is basically irredeemably buggy because game maker 1.4's HTML export is just not up to scratch.

The audio being wonky when skipping multiple times has been fixed. So to reveal what's under the hood: the game has a timer that starts counting from the beginning, and governs when certain events/dialogue trigger. Most obviously, the opening dialogue, the opening credits, the music cues, etc. Pressing skip immediately sets the timer to a point past all the dialogue happening, and cues up the background music, but I forgot to disable the skip button once the intro has been skipped. So it was sending everything back to right before the music starts, hence the music just stacking on top of itself. The skip button now only works if you're before that point.

I think you saw this last night, but here's my run through of (part of) your charming game:

(here's the link directly to the part if the player doesn't do what it's supposed to)

I really wish I had thought to right click on the rock to be mined, I'm such a dummy. This was very relaxing, as you probably were hoping, and the voice acting was great!