Jake

Idle Weekend January 5, 2018: The Bomb Cyclone of Podcasts

Idle Weekend January 5, 2018:

Idle Weekend January 5, 2018

The Bomb Cyclone of Podcasts
In the extreme(ly bad) weather, it’s important to note one thing: we all have to work together to survive. Hence, we recount our favorite games and movies with extreme weather, from the comfort of our snowed-in houses.

Discussed: Max Payne, The Grey, The Long Dark, Kona, The Division, Super Mario 3D World, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Nightwing, Grayson, In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex

Long time, First time,

i just wanted to say, I really enjoy the winding down aspect of this podcast. So imagine my surprise as Danielle suddenly started discussing Essex in Whaling non-fiction. I really perked up I’m my seat! Anyway, keep up the good work! I can only recommend this show!

cheers,

big fan or super-mom and grand-war-pa!

My winter game this year is Banished, which I thought I had "finished" in the year of its release, but there's this extra bite in the air this year that has me coming back. With harsh winters turned on, on a small, mountainous map, with a "hard" start setting. The lack of space has me trying to figure out how to establish a trade-based way to get rocks up in them thar hills without building a quarry, which takes up a ton of room on the cramped map and can't be removed once built.

It's not a great game, and where I live, it doesn't even snow, but it's helping along the illusion that I'm somehow dealing with the lower temperatures until my winter bones grow in.

Screenshot81.jpg

The thread for the correct episode isn't up yet @Rob Zacny, so I'll instead post here. I bought this monitor about two weeks ago, and it's been entirely fine except for how it defaulted to 16-235 color range.  Once solving that in the Nvidia control panel and adjusting the brightness, etc, I'm completely satisfied.

Edit: Actually, my color issues are not as solved as I thought. I do not recommend it anymore.

These Idle Weekend episodes are coming out so fast now they don't even have time to post threads! :D

Love having a new episode every week. Keep it up, guys! :tup: