SirSlade

[RELEASE] Priority Businessing

I don't post here much and act more like Sasquatch, lurking in the blurry part of your camera's lens, listening to podcasts in the comfort of my cave. But I made a thing. It's available On itchio at this link. Inspired by cyberpunk in general and using one of Terminal 7's titles. Thanks for taking a look! I look forward to playing everyone's game; the cover arts already have me awestruck!

The story:

It is the near future; The year 1999. The world has begin recovering from The Third World War. It was a war fought between nations and corporations. Now the victorious Mega Corportaion Zardyne Industries has disbanded the world's governments and enforce their own laws with impunity. But now a resistence is growing and a new war is being fought, a war of information. The battlefield is the cyberscape known as The World Wide Web. You are one of the hackers working for The Resistance and ending the Zardyne's Business is your Priority. Do you have what it takes to break into Zardyne's private servers and steal thier plans without getting caught?

And thanks to the organizers of the Jam! This marks my first and it was a lot of fun! I'm already looking forward to the next Wizard Jam.

I got through the tutorial of this and loved it. Nicely integrated tips, and generally a very cool 90s hackspace vibe. But I couldn't figure out how to get anywhere in level 1. Help, please!

Hey Ben,

So, yeah. Level 1 is probably the most difficult part because it isn't well executed, but I had a dumb idea I wanted to try. Basically, if you cut left or right (it's mirrored) and go to the end of the hall, you find some stairs. It's a physics puzzle that you have to drop the key over the wall onto the lock. There's a big funnel to kind of help that along, but it's still not 100%. Then, on the way back there's a window to shoot through at the blocker.

Also, thank you! That is the exact theme I was going for and I'm glad the tutorials were clear, even if the puzzles weren't.

Hope this helps and thanks for the feedback!

Sorry, I tried again but even knowing what I'm supposed to be doing I only managed that key puzzle once, and in that instance I ran out of time before I could capitalise on it!

Ace set up, but the mechanics need to be a lot less fiddly (even shooting skulls takes ages to get right because you have to line the icon up and it's not always very intuitive).

Hmm.. Then the tutorials could have been much better. If you click and hold on the skull icon it will grab the new skull and let you aim it. The same goes for keys, you can click on the object in the world and drag it around. I should probably update that lock so you just have to get anywhere around that area.

And just like that it's updated. Hooray for Day 1(ish) patches!

Patch notes:
Fixed issue with opening lock in level one.

Hopefully clarified skully tutorial section.

Turns out it's hard to be descriptive without text.

P.s. Don't tell anyone but you can skip the tutorial level by pressing F12 now.

Sweet! Still found it a little tricky with the key but not half as bad. I still found the bit with the two keys tricky and then I couldn't get the briefcase to work at the end.

Really awesome game, but damn fiddly!

That last bit is actually intentional. It takes an extra chip/processing space to hold the files, so you have to go back and remove one of the keys (or remove the one from the first gate). Thank you for the input though, it's really helped me in figuring out how to do things better for next time! But I'm sure as you know in game development, timeLeft = timeToGetEverythingPerfect - 10%.