Tanukitsune

The most groundbreaking and controversial poll/debate ever! (Not Bush and Kerry!)

Which is better?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

Cookies are the snob. Go to a Swede's home for coffe & cookies to experience a true lagom feeling. Pies, on the other hand, are freakin' American.

we don't eat such pies,

we don't eat such cookies,

i think i would vote for jabberwockies.

i don't care if "jabberwockies" exist,

as long as it won't be a communist,

begging for pardon, begging to stay,

but i won't let him be till the end of the day.

we don't eat such pies,

i think i wouldn't vote for jabberwockies.

i was so brave and bore misery,

because of jabberwocky's pregnancy:

"jabberwockies" exist that's what i found out,

but they are so ugly - i just want to shout.

we don't eat such pies,

whatever i vote for would be full of lies.

I think there's definitely some close-minded pro-cookie pie-bashing going on in here.. You guys need to open your minds a little.

Steak and Ale. Steak and Kidney. Chicken Mushroom. Apple. Cherry!

Pie is in fact a "real" food, capable of forming the delicious and nutritious cornerstone of a balanced diet. Pie is also a status symbol, for example, the rich(er) and powerful(er) are frequently referred to as "Pie-eaters". We also have pie charts. Do you have "cookie-eaters"? or "cookie charts"? No! hah!

Finally, Pies have throughout history been a vehicle for both comedic amusement, and political protest! Wouldn't have had quite the same effect had someone thrown a cookie in Bill Gates face, would it?

:sombrero:

A pie pan full of shaving cream isn't pie.... :shifty:

We're talking about pastries here! It's not a pastry if it has meat it it!

Beefcake is not really a cake, right?

Besides, if that counted then pizza pie would count too...

And if pizzas and meat pies are on the pies side then crackers and pretzels are on the cookies side! :naughty:

He named his dogs Barney and Spot???

Spot? And BARNEY?!

Barney must be the scourge of all children in the Whitehouse... :mock:

(Looks at sig)

Dear god! You're taking this seriously?

This is just a silly, non-serious, not-to-be-taken seriously flame war!

"|<00|<13Z r0><0rz!"

"No! They suck! Only boogerhead like cookies! Pie is teh l33t!"

"LOL, only lozers eat pie!"

and so on and so on.... :deranged:

And BTW |<00|<13Z D0 r0><0rz!

Barney must be the scourge of all children in the Whitehouse... :mock:

(Looks at sig)

Dear god! You're taking this seriously?

Dear god! You're taking me seriously?

A pie pan full of shaving cream isn't pie....

Yeah? Well it's /called/ a cream pie. As is lemon meringue pie, Key Lime Pie and other pie-esque things. It sure isn't a cream cookie, is it?

We're talking about pastries here! It's not a pastry if it has meat it it!

I believe we were talking about pies. Pastry would be something like an apple danish, which is not pie related.

Beefcake is not really a cake, right?

Dear God I hope not :) Although when things like meatloaf exist, surely beefcake can't be too far away? <retches> Although for the record, one of the few enjoyable things I've come across during my sojourn here in the US of A is meatloaf with gravy, mash and corn.. That's some good eatin'!

Besides, if that counted then pizza pie would count too...

Here in chicago pizzas are in fact decidedly pie-like.. Although we're not getting into the whole dictionary-definition of a pie thing here, because I can't be bothered :)

And if pizzas and meat pies are on the pies side then crackers and pretzels are on the cookies side!

meat pie = pie

apple pie = pie

pizza pie = pie

cream pie = pie

Are we spotting a theme here? :nuts:

cracker = not a fucking cookie

pretzel = very tasty, but also not a fucking cookie

cookie = a fucking cookie

Oh man this is such fun - normally when I get this into a debate I get people PM'ing me threatening me with death and shit, but because this debate is at just the right level of offended-national-pie-pride-but-not-really-giving-a-shit I feel all relaxed. I'm sure no-one will take offence or get cross at any point!

Aah. Forum therapy. I might also point out that I don't have that much actual work to do today :clap:

Yeah? Well it's /called/ a cream pie. As is lemon meringue pie, Key Lime Pie and other pie-esque things. It sure isn't a cream cookie, is it?

I believe we were talking about pies. Pastry would be something like an apple danish, which is not pie related.

Dear God I hope not :) Although when things like meatloaf exist, surely beefcake can't be too far away? <retches> Although for the record, one of the few enjoyable things I've come across during my sojourn here in the US of A is meatloaf with gravy, mash and corn.. That's some good eatin'!

Here in chicago pizzas are in fact decidedly pie-like.. Although we're not getting into the whole dictionary-definition of a pie thing here, because I can't be bothered :)

meat pie = pie

apple pie = pie

pizza pie = pie

cream pie = pie

Are we spotting a theme here? :nuts:

cracker = not a fucking cookie

pretzel = very tasty, but also not a fucking cookie

cookie = a fucking cookie

Oh man this is such fun - normally when I get this into a debate I get people PM'ing me threatening me with death and shit, but because this debate is at just the right level of offended-national-pie-pride-but-not-really-giving-a-shit I feel all relaxed. I'm sure no-one will take offence or get cross at any point!

Aah. Forum therapy. I might also point out that I don't have that much actual work to do today :clap:

Errm.... The pies you see thrown in movies are usually shaving cream...

There IS such a thing as beefcake.... :yep:

And FYI, just like your country calls them pizza pies, in my country pretzels and crackers are called salted cookies....

Shaving cream - true! But they're still referred to as /pies/ which was, I think, my original point :)

Oh christ..

That beefcake..

5. If you intend to eat it cold, let it cool with a light weight on top, in its own liquor, which should set to a jelly,

Awwwwwww :barf:

That's nasty.

And FYI, just like your country calls them pizza pies, in my country pretzels and crackers are called salted cookies....

In the UK we usually just refer to them as Pizzas, pie having more Steak and Kidney/Pastry like connotations. I thought the whole point of cookies was that they are sweet, not savoury? Hence your entire country is just weird. In the UK, cookies are biscuits, but in the US, biscuits are scones..

Hence, ordering biscuits and gravy does not actually get you biscuits and gravy, as I found out to my dismay at an IHOP the other day..

But this morning I had my first ever Krispy Kreme donut, and now I have to say, cookies can take a distinct 3rd place behind the Mighty Pie, and now the Glorious Glazed Donut. :mock:

Biscuits are definitely not the same thing as scones here...

Are you saying they gave you scones and gravy rather than biscuits and gravy?

If you buy either one (pie or cookies) from a store, they are usually shit. If you make either one at home it usually tastes good, so they're all winners.

Pies are pretty elaborate in their preperation...but there are dozens of better complicated pastries than pie. The cookie, on the other hand, is like an any-time snack, which are quick and can be ridiculously good if you make special kinds....so I vote cookies.

the "biscuit" I received was more like some fucked up muffin thing.. which is sort of scone-esque.

and the gravy - goopy white goop with bits of Mystery Meat in. Not the rich and flavoursome meat gravy I had been expecting.

Cookies are easier to make, true, but then "Nothing worthwhile is ever easy."

:)

the "biscuit" I received was more like some fucked up muffin thing.. which is sort of scone-esque.

and the gravy - goopy white goop with bits of Mystery Meat in. Not the rich and flavoursome meat gravy I had been expecting.

Cookies are easier to make, true, but then "Nothing worthwhile is ever easy."

:)

Then tell me why the expression is "easy as pie"? :naughty:

Maybe pie is easy like a woman of negotiable affection?

Cookies are the snob. Go to a Swede's home for coffe & cookies to experience a true lagom feeling. Pies, on the other hand, are freakin' American.

Although I don't understand that one Swahili word :shifty: , pies are NOT freakin American. Period.

Also, Teh Pai is ruling over here. Wohoo!*

*Go vote for PAI HERE NOW!

...pies are NOT freakin American. Period.

Seconded.

That post really got under my skin.

Ah, kudos to Bob for already saying so much of what I feel about pies. Pies rule. I love them even more than their close relatives, the pasties, and their distant cousins, the pastries. Like ninjas, I love them with all my body, including my pee-pee. If only they were healthier and more readily available, I would eat them every day. I have had the pleasure of trying a great many pies in different countries, including the aforementioned Aussie 'meat pie floater'. I just loved the way that every petrol station and 24-hour store in Australia had a hot cabinet by the counter with at least 3 varieties of pie-goodness. I've even had a pie from the famous Harry's cafe de wheels in Woolloomooloo, Sydney, the most famous pie shop in Australia. Mmm, meat pie, served on a layer of mushy peas, topped with a huge lump of mashed potato, with gravy brimming over from where it had poured into the ladle-sized depression in the top of the mash, and served with a plastic fork within seconds of ordering it. Makes me go weak at the knees just thinking about it.

Cookies on the other hand, occasionally tempt me with their chewy sweetness, but are in the end, a mere sugary snack, in the league of slices of cake, chocolate, fruit juice drinks (I.e. those which contain bugger all fruit content), and so on. *sigh* Time to go to bed and dream of pie... :yep:

Since this thread is dead...

I'll just announce the winner... (Counts bribe money)

The winner is pie ICE CREAM!

goodhumor_04.jpg

Yes, pie ice cream, is the best thing ever!

It cures cancer, gives you wolverine a nice shiny coat, it even takes the garbage out!

Pie Ice cream, is everybody's favorite thing to eat! It's the perfect meal!

With so many flavours! Squid, catcus, corn, horse, babies, kitten, just about everything has a pie ice cream flavour!

4.jpg17.jpg9.jpg01.jpg

Pie Ice cream, the worlds best invention since the Butter Stick!

10.jpg

This message was brought from the International Pie Ice Cream Society.

(Did I put too many images?) :erm: