Rilen

GDC Conference Associates

I've never been to GDC, but the more interested I get in the making of games and the idea that I might somehow in some small way be involved, the more it's been a dream. So, I'm thinking of applying to be a Conference Associate for the 2017 one. Has anyone done this before? Was it fun? Worth it? I'm more interested in meeting people and just sort of seeing the whole things than attending specifics talks so I don't think I'd miss out on anything. Any advice for a good application? 

I've applied three times and never gotten in so I'd recommend getting in early if it's something you want to do. I didn't even know applications were open, guess I'll try again.

Oh, if you're local you can get waitlisted, that might improve your odds.

I know a bunch of people who've done this and liked it, seems like a great way to meet some people and get a free pass. Plus they pay you for it now I think(?) so that's cool. Really the only thing that kept me from doing it is that apparently there's a mandatory meeting early every morning at 9 am I think, and generally the way I live that week isn't compatible with that schedule. 

Haha! Fair enough. Thanks for the input, I'm going to try to apply. 

Thanks for sharing about this! I won't dilute the application pool, but will definitely keep it in mind for future years.

Hey man, go for it, I'm on the other side of the country so you might have a better shot.