brendonsmall

[Released] Cruisin' for a Word that Rhymes With Cruisin'

This was such a solid game. I was playing them with my better half and this one was definitely her favourite. It has good layers of different goals and ways of messing about in the city. I wish we'd found more audiotapes, but there was so much shit to do, including sweet jumps for no reason. Finding the quarter pipes at the edge of the level was a wonderful reveal too.

If you want to see the stream of me playing the game, it's here, and all the games are timecoded in the description:

This was such a solid game. I was playing them with my better half and this one was definitely her favourite. It has good layers of different goals and ways of messing about in the city. I wish we'd found more audiotapes, but there was so much shit to do, including sweet jumps for no reason. Finding the quarter pipes at the edge of the level was a wonderful reveal too.

If you want to see the stream of me playing the game, it's here, and all the games are timecoded in the description:

I am very happy that you had a good time with this. The stream video was cool, thanks for sharing with me. I also saw a couple other bugs and weird gameplay things that I am going to fix and upload as a new patched version.

Thanks for playing!  :)

Like everyone else, I had a blast playing this and reminiscing about playing hours and hours of Tony Hawk's back on the N64. The car physics were arcadey and fun to mess around with and the sound effects were so damn perfect. Nothing but good things to say!

Also, like every man and his dog I streamed this as part of my effort to play every WJ2016 game. So here's the stream: 

Congratulations on a successful jam!

Like everyone else, I had a blast playing this and reminiscing about playing hours and hours of Tony Hawk's back on the N64. The car physics were arcadey and fun to mess around with and the sound effects were so damn perfect. Nothing but good things to say!

Also, like every man and his dog I streamed this as part of my effort to play every WJ2016 game. So here's the stream: 

Congratulations on a successful jam!

Haha, very cool video! Thanks for sharing. I am glad you liked the game and had some fun with it. Thanks for playing! :)

The effect work in this game is hilarious. Loved the audiotapes!

Hi fellow jammers,

I've added some new content in what I call the "Speedy McCheevo Update":

The most important bits are that there's now a Mix Tape counter "(X of Y)" so you know when you have collected all the Mix Tapes, AND there's now a elapsed "Session Time" counter so you can know how long a 100% complete session took.

I'll be posting my hottest 100% run of this sometime soon I hope.

https://whilefun.itch.io/cruisin-for-something

Enjoy!  :)