Sign in to follow this  
Nelsormensch

Terminal7 47: Clone-Ridden Fields

873__cover.jpg

Clone-Ridden Fields

Nels and Jesse have taken the IDs selected by the community to a Store Championship. How did they fare? Was The Professor's tenure enough to shield him from the prying eyes of the Near-Earth Hub? Did Jinteki's new mind-mapping algorithms keep their servers safe from nefarious runners? A report and many listener questions are answered in this most clone-ridden of fields.

Games Discussed: Android: Netrunner

This may be too late but do you want some a professor tips? I think you may be looking at it wrong.  The every program is a sure gamble template works quite well out of him. Install programs for free on Scheherazade and then Aesops them away. The advantage of doing this out of prof instead of Hayley is that you can take ALL the most efficient and disposable programs.

Something like this one   http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/32308/suggestion-prof

I coincidentally play games all the time Ironcache (the guy who made the Ken deck you guys featured) in Halifax NS.

This may be too late but do you want some a professor tips? I think you may be looking at it wrong.  The every program is a sure gamble template works quite well out of him. Install programs for free on Scheherazade and then Aesops them away. The advantage of doing this out of prof instead of Hayley is that you can take ALL the most efficient and disposable programs.

Something like this one   http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/32308/suggestion-prof

I coincidentally play games all the time Ironcache (the guy who made the Ken deck you guys featured) in Halifax NS.

Oh interesting! I kinda had tried a setup like that and it wasn't bad, but it was also only sorta okay, haha. I did like the Hayley setup more, but this is perhaps worth revisting. I'd probably put in 3 Technical Writers though, because if you're install a lot of programs/hardware, good lord TR is incredible.

Oh interesting! I kinda had tried a setup like that and it wasn't bad, but it was also only sorta okay, haha. I did like the Hayley setup more, but this is perhaps worth revisting. I'd probably put in 3 Technical Writers though, because if you're install a lot of programs/hardware, good lord TR is incredible.

Tech writer is great. I think in the version I linked I wanted to try out multithreader/savoir faire as a combo and dropped tech writers instead of lowering my consistency. The deck has more constancy issues than cash issues. It can get into everywhere quite cheaply already. I think you probably also want a levy and some meta calls if you want to test out the deck/alter it.

Was super fun to hear about you and Jesse's experiences with new ID's! I'm surprised you haven't explored Chatterjee in the Professor deck though. I feel like he might be the only ID that can effectively use Chatterjee as he's the one that's likely to install a bunch of programs. It still feels like a mediocre card though, since you need to put 5 clicks into it to make it be more effective than a Katie (albeit in a shorter period of time with Kati's 1/turn limit).

I recently came across a fun story interaction myself; I've been playing Adam and thought about putting a Sacraficial Clone in. It got me thinking "What would the corp think if they found this clone? 'Guys. This isn't even a bioroid. How the hell did we screw this up!? I mean, it just taped a stick of ram to this clone and wrote 'totally a bioroid' on his head in sharpie..." A lot of fun combos to find in this game.

Oh man, I've been playing Adam too! How's your experience been? I think he's super fun and way underrated.

I've really been enjoying him! I'm not one for traditional runner types but I've been doing a fairly standard spread on him and it's very interesting. The way it usually rolls is that I end up doing some run stuff and draws until I get independent thinking, then I explode in card draw and build a rig and start traditional runs. I hit R&D with Indexing and use interfaces for efficiency in runs and it's met with mixed success. I do really like the directives, even if I end up trashing them during the game. They give a weird advantage early game that could sometimes be a detriment (hand size and I've played more than one game where I had to trash something when I wanted the credits) and then really speed up my card draw to get everything I need in hand, with public sympathies to keep it all.

Recently I've got an idea to build my current deck and try something goofy (I am not and will never claim to be 'good' at Netrunner, I just do things that are fun/interesting and if I win, all the better!) and use the apparent go-to of Faust in this concept. Currently it's untested and unmodified as I haven't had much time recently, but the idea is below:

Adam: Compulsive Hacker

Event (15)
3x Dirty Laundry
2x Game Day   ••••• •
3x Independent Thinking
2x Levy AR Lab Access   ••••• •
2x Quality Time   ••
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (9)
2x Brain Cage
2x Brain Chip
2x e3 Feedback Implants   ••••