Almost a quarter of the US population is about to be or in the process of being Blown Away by a gigantic snow and ice storm this weekend.

Thumbs friends who are about to be snowed in, commiserate or appreciate the snow storm with me here! Everyone, share your fun snow stories, hot (OR COOL) winter facts, favorite snow activities, how to entertain yourself when you're cooped up with others, and your favorite Stuck Inside comfort food.

Snow!

I just got official word that I will not be going in tomorrow. That's a relief. We have plenty of wood and I bought a bunch of junk-food and beer at the grocery store.

One of my fondest snow day memories is from high school, right after Call of Duty came out (the first one). I played multiplayer for a while, went sledding, then played CoD until I fell asleep. A bunch of the Russian maps were set in the winter, during the siege of Stalingrad, and it felt very right. I don't know exactly why the memory of this blissful day stuck with me so strongly, but there it is.

A doggy helped us plow snow off the driveway!

uspawBZl.jpg

It was the neighbors dog and the neighbors were helping to plow our driveway of snow and the dog (named, rather appropriately, Wheeler) likes to sit on the 4-wheeler when its not in use.