Sign in to follow this  
Reyturner

Dota 2 - Winter Major - Shanghai for the Dota Guy

There was the MLG that had the majority of the stream switch to watching an eagle nest webcam because the delays were too big. There was a tournament in Malaysia that had a literal fire at the computers. There was the CS:GO tournament in Slovenia that had the finals played on a parking lot and the organizer stealing the prize money/leaving teams to pay hotel bills. None of them stretched over so many days! There weren't even expectations to disappoint.

The games are cool, everything else is garbage. Here's a video log from one of the new hosts

Sleep deprivation is going to do interesting things to the panelists by the final day.

The games are cool, everything else is garbage. Here's a video log from one of the new hosts

Sleep deprivation is going to do interesting things to the panelists by the final day.

Yup, the Alliance and Team Liquid games were genuinely thrilling to watch. I wanted to watch the LGD and MVP games but it was time for me to go to bed before they went on thanks to the massive delays. I'm gonna check the VODs when I have a chance.

I woke up to discover that the delays were so long that they had to have the lower bracket games take place back at the hotel over the internet. Shitty!

This picture LD posted on twitter kinda says it all:

Cci-raTUAAAHlk4.jpg

So day 2 of the playoffs seemed to go much more smoothly. I was really happy to see Secret outplay OG after Crit talked some major trash about Secret after the Frankfurt Major. That has got to feel like some really good payback. But in game 3 w33ha accidentally GG'd first, so now they have a fairly harsh penalty where they won't have any reserve time in the first draft against EG. What a dope!

As a massive fan of the old cloud9 lineup this tournament is looking so good. Seeing EG being set to the lowerbracket by Secret was such a delight not to mention the lower bracket upsets. Definitely the best day of the tournament so far.

Also shout out to Fnatic for taking out OG in such convincing fashion!

This means the next day of games we're gonna see two European teams competing against each other, two American teams competing against each other, and two SEA teams competing against each other. What a setup!