Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Emerging Artists, Local Bands, and YOU

Any favourite emerging artists (I mean EMERGING artists, not ESTABLISHED ones), favourite local bands, or are you in a band? Post here!

In American:

Any favorite emerging artists (I mean EMERGING artists, not, like, ESTABLISHED ones), favorite local bands, or are you in a band? Post here!

(P.S. I'm not, and I have no favorite local band or emerging artist as I have not really heard anything awesome yet. Your Turn!)

All bands I can think of never emerged.

I used to be a part of a and called Absinthe (until we dissolved). A few excerpts from the Official Website, as badly translated by our ex-bassist. Originally the text was written by me in Finnish but the translation was more like a rape.

ABSINTHE is a group of people that torture their own and others instruments with no mercy for a long time by now.

We got real instruments after 3 years of waiting and next time we might been practiced something.

To this day we have violated too many songs.

Now our instruments are Epiphone Les Paul 100, Jackson PS4 (still the same), Pearl drumkit (still tha same) and a rhythm egg.

Although we have a change to use a Technics synth, melodics, acoustic guitar, Buzz-Tracker, two mouth organs, piano, broken violin and a Aland Islands telephone directory. It's a miracle if this band ain't dead and buried in a year !

Absinthe has three members at the moment and we don't need no more. Our musical skills are almost like those of a braindead, long LSD-trip having lama whose legs have been cut of with a NIKKEI knife. Call the Police if you see anyone of us free without any white-jacketed men with us.

Konsta Kaalikoski: Funny guy and joined last to the band is by Jussi's words "just stupid". Y' know what they say 'bout bass players. His instrument is an electric bass that he've been slamming for a while. (We got the bass sound in the last recording session).

Lassi Viitala: The most "normal" member in the band (that ain't much). He's been playing his electric guitar for approx. 2,5 years by now. Once he left his realism to the eating-house of Loviisas high school. That's why we have this band. GOD DAMN YOU !

Jussi Eskelinen: The bands most insignificant member and the whole groups rhythm-disturbanced heart. Concentrates to spin his sticks and don't believe to the power of tabulatures, notes or practicing. No question he's a insane person. Drums he's been playing couple of months and piano he's played five years. Still he plays them like a blind mule that has a six inch nail in it's arsh. Tries to sing and speaks what spit delivers to his mouth.

IF (and i mean ! IF !) someone wants to join the band you better be totally unexperienced, little larva of a fly, idiot, cast iron frying pan, singer, just TOTALLY stupid or as the best: combination of all these things. If you still want to join the band you first have to join the slegion, then move to Kansas and search a hermafrodite named Eetu who lives in a basement of the local ironmonger´s (Jussi's test), learn the 2000 decimals of e (Lassis test) and get a cat (Konsta's test). Ability to play something is a advantage as well as that if you put your underwear to your head.

More stuff like that in Finnish.

Well..........I don't really know that much about them, but my friend's little sister's band won some battle of the bands contest that won them a trip to New York to record in one of the studios there. So maybe they're pretty good........I think the name is Looking Back. Don't know if they have a website or anything, although they probably do.

Me, I'm an emerging artist... emerging very, very slowly :shifty:

All my music is damn good though and someone should probably send me money or something.

If you wanna listen then ask moi.

Secret Agent 8. I've sortof lost interest in them since Will left the band and escaped to China under shady pretexts and as shady circumstances, but I still listen to their odlen CDs when I feel like it.

i randomly sing mr bojangles or earth song (singing aaaaaahhhhaaahhhhh in a street full of strangers at 4 a.m. is just too cool!) in public but i prefer my talent in burping classical music. in an attempt for getting an xbox i also burped in public (with microphone and stuff) classical austrian music. but i only got the second place because the awful winner was cheating! no kidding.

and if you want to go for "music": some friends of me play in this band.

earthsong? jesus fucking christ man!!!111!!!eleventy!!!1

nick is definitely emerging. some day he will hatch a beautiful downtempo butterfly from his junglist reason cocoon.

Once he left his realism to the eating-house of Loviisas high school. That's why we have this band. GOD DAMN YOU !

That is so fucking metal. You guys rule. :devil:

I was also the lead singer in a metal band called Belial (for 5 weeks). \m/

Alas the only thing I will be emerging from is a hungover fugue at 7:30am this morning to go drink mediocre coffee and manage localisation testers. :erm: