Sign in to follow this  
ThePope

Coolest prop

What do u think is the coolest prop in a movie(cars, weapons, robots, gadgets, ETC.)?

I think the coolest prop i have ever seen would have to be the LightSaber. It sounds cool, looks cool, and is just the coolest prop to see being used.

Die tasche. Die tasche. Die tasche. (Die tasche.) Die tasche. Die tasche.

Okay, so that wasn't a cool prop at all, but since it was so heavily emphasized in the dialog it was actually the first thing that sprang to mind. :hmph:

I agree about the Indy stuff. Even though all his stuff is just ordinary - a bullwhip, a hat, and revolver, etc. - he just makes it cool. :grin:

And then there's James Bond...

It's a fricking spaceshap, and no, it does not count. It's decor, not a prop. And there's also a thin line between a prop and a costume. Otherwise I'd have chosen Tim Curry's sparkly high heeled shoes from The Rocky Horror Picture Show as my favoured prop.

Die tasche. Die tasche. Die tasche. (Die tasche.) Die tasche. Die tasche.

Okay, so that wasn't a cool prop at all, but since it was so heavily emphasized in the dialog it was actually the first thing that sprang to mind. :hmph:

Would this be the plastic bag in Lola rennt?

I sortof liked the katana that O-Ren Ishii had in Kill Bill... Also pretty much all props in Brazil and The City of Lost Children. Nothing in particular comes to mind.

Yes, that plastic bag.

OK so seriously, I think in terms of props there's few things that beat The A-Team. I mean, holy crap... a cabbage cannon?!

It's a fricking spaceshap, and no, it does not count. It's decor, not a prop. And there's also a thin line between a prop and a costume. Otherwise I'd have chosen Tim Curry's sparkly high heeled shoes from The Rocky Horror Picture Show as my favoured prop.

What movie is it from. Either im retarded or ive never seen this movie. Or a little bit from column A and a little bit from column B.

What movie is it from. Either im retarded or ive never seen this movie. Or a little bit from column A and a little bit from column B.

Google might , one day, become your friend.

Anyway, RedDwarf is a "low budget" scif-fi serie with a very Douglas Adam Kind of humour. It's fun. But not so much.

Contrary to VImes, I think Red Dwarf is extremely funny indeed. It has a nice British sense of humour and some memorable characters. My favourites are Rimmer and Holly, the ship's computer.

Red dwarf is amazing, don't diss it.

Unless you're talking about the pilot they did of an american version which apparently (I haven't seen it) is complete shite as they failed to put across... well... everything

Red Dwarf is great though. It's fact, not opinion :yep:

does anybody know the german tv channels ard + zdf?

when they sent a tv spots they showed little cartoons of leprechauns doing stuff. and they had this awesome pencils. every thing they painted got real. so - for instance - they painted a cool little plane into the air and - whooops! - they had a little plane! i always wanted to have this pencils when i was little.

Google might , one day, become your friend.

Anyway, RedDwarf is a "low budget" scif-fi serie with a very Douglas Adam Kind of humour. It's fun. But not so much.

Bah. Down with people who say it's a sci-fi series first. It's a sitcom in a sci-fi setting - hence the absense of Oscar-winning special effects.

Listen, you wouldn't call Blackadder a historical costume drama with funny bits, would you?! This paragraph is just me taking pre-emptive action, so if you weren't going to object anyway, it can safely be ignored.

Did you know that the Red Dwarf model was eight feet long? That's, like, really long, in metres. Like two! Whoa. It was all big and stuff. But I don't think models count as props. :(

Also, less of the "not so much". It's GREAT! And tabacco instantly became my hero by quoting it in the blurb for his recent Thumbs article. It's THAT good. Really.

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, props. I nominate the communicator bracelets from Blake's 7, because they were just bits of plastic. And hence you can make one yourself and say things like "Bring us up, Vila!" into your wrist and get funny looks. ACE!