gritfish

[help needed/dev log] field of dreams

I'm going to try a last minute entry, but I need help to get this one out. What I need is dreams. Your dreams, thumbs dreams, video game dreams.

I'd love to try and get as many dreams from the cast into a text generator as possible, to create the ultimate thumbs dreams, where a pet octopus farts that way, and lesbian dinosaurs have your blood souls.

If you remember any great ones from the cast, please put the episode name in this thread. If you can give a rough time code?even better. If you can actually transcribe a dream? Best.

Also, if you just have a crazy video game dream you want to share and have mixed up with the game, just post it below! If it's weird and rambling, that's probably better!

yes! thankyou!

Also, about 5 minutes into transcribing Danielle's "Alien Isolation is controlled by librarians" dream, I've realised (hopefully) the way most people describe dreams is just a long rambling sentence with a lot of "and"s and "but"s, which is giving some BRILLIANT "Boyd Cooper" generation patterns so far.

I've transcribed two dreams already, and I wanted to share the weird mash up of "that's why skeletons fart that way" and "Alien Isolation is controlled by librarians"

I had a game dream, in between while you were looking for something.

i felt like i was using my hand to like move myself but like i never remember dreaming so i feel like i don't and then all of a sudden the ai for the aliens was actually controlled by these sort of bookish librarian looking women and then finally this skeleton she reaches out with her bony hand and it envelops my face and like covers my face and eyes in blackness

well actually it's not no good reading what I wrote because this is how the game works and then later on, no you really have to go back I don't know if this is good or not, so, good thing we're doing this now in my dream 

the way i played this game was like they were real people in real life, and then everything goes black and I immediately woke up and went WAHHHH and immediately started writing it down, not like magic or something but like a card, you know, a card game and i was less scared, even though they still looked like xenomorphs

it was bizzare and then i farted and i was controlling myself the way i would control a character in a game

Holy Cow, "Dreaming of Gillen" was a gold mine!
I'm up to about 240 lines of dialogue, and definitely have at least a dream each from Jake, Sean, Danielle, Chris and Nick.

Tomorrow's goal: split all the dialogue I've got into:

• Story starts
  • Paragraph starts
  • Paragraph ends
  • Story ends
  • Bridging pieces

So that it'll generate dreams in a semi-predictable pattern.

I'm hoping I can put these online in a seeded way so that they can be shared.

ThumbsDB was a great resource, but I cannot explain just how good it is to listen to the thumbs explain dreams at half speed using http://otranscribe.com/ (half speed's in chrome only)

Also HUGE shout out to bigJKO for letting me use the thumbs sprites from his game to use.

ALRIGHT IT'S WORKING:

http://gritfish.net/wizard/

There's no styling or anything yet, but each dream is unique, and has its own URL string so you can share it!

It's not much of a "game" I guess, but this was actually a really fun experiment in getting procedural generation stuff to work in a small, persistent way.