Sign in to follow this  
melmer

Assassins Creed: Syndicate - knees up mother brown

Well, I'm glad that some people enjoyed it! I just really wanted to like Black Flag more than I did. It has a whole bunch of fantastic things, but interwoven with a lot of stuff I could not care less about. I want to click a box in the options setting that says: "I am fine if this is maybe a 4 to 5 hour game, if you take out a lot of the fluff, please."

I know this post is months old, but I only just saw it and I couldn't agree more.

If I could get an "essentials cut" of Assassin's Creed games I would adore them. I love running around in weird historical settings! I also enjoy the assassinations and the combat briefly. But that's the thing, briefly. I always get tired of the game long before it has finished throwing mostly irrelevant crap to do at me. If I could play a pared down version with good pacing I would be way into it.

Good example in a somewhat related game: Shadow of Mordor. I think that game ended almost exactly at the point at which I didn't want to play much more of it anyway. It was great.