Tanukitsune

My Origin account got hacked, in other news, I somehow have an Origin account?

I never even touched Origin because of all the bad press it got, but apparently I had an EA account that became my Origin account.

And for some reason, a Russian kid hacked it and stole it, I'm not sure how they did it, but I only got suspicious when I got EA newsletters in Russian. I didn't think something was really wrong until today when I got email claiming I had blocked another Origin user. That's when a "Tweeted" at EA Support and found out what happened.

The worst part is that I had to install Origin to find out the damage he had done, but I'm still not sure what he did with it, his avatar was the typical FPS marine, he has no friends and game-wise the only game I have listed are from Steam and Sims 2? I guess I registered them back in the pre-Origins days and they gave me the digital version?

I'm still baffled by this, why hack my practically empty account? Since he blocked someone he apparently used it for something, but what could he have used that doesn't show up in my games? Did he do it for the "lulz"? They why report abuse from another user? Also for "lulz"? Considered how old my data was at EA, I'm not worried and my password was so old I wouldn't be surprised if the hacked it by just guesswork, but I'm still extremely curious at the why?

Why change the avatar? Why did he not change the password? He obviously used it for something since he reported someone, but what? Should I find the person who got reported and thank them? Has anybody else have had a similar experience?

I manipulated cloud syncing to my Origin Account from my PS3 to cheat and obtain two of the trophies for the game Fuse.

So Origin isn't all that bad, saved me about 10 hours or more of grinding.

I heard it "spies" on you, but that's about it. Unless one of their free games interests me I'm not sure I'll ever turn it on again.