Sign in to follow this  
DocRandal

The Flame in the Flood Kickstarter

Started this up last night, been in the mood for roguelikes lately (mostly not wanting to start anything big with Mass Effect right around the corner). 

I like it, a whole bunch.  Reading this thread, I can appreciate some of the criticisms people have had of it.  It's like Don't Stare-Lite.  The mechanics don't seem to be as deep or to have the possibility for some of the emergent stories, but the atmosphere, music and art are just so bloody good.  And I could be tragically wrong, the back half of the game could be brutal, but based on the pacing of the front half I would guess I could finish a run with what I'm going to pass on with Aesop to my next character (enough crafting materials for 3 upgrades to the raft and enough thread to make pouches and Boar clothing). 

I also like the pacing of it a lot.  I've gone back to playing some Necrodancer lately, and it's rhythm based gameplay never lets you take a breath.  Even Don't Starve has long periods of stress when things start to go wildly out of hand.  I like that in this, there are locations that don't have anything bad in them, that are far more chill and contemplative.