Sign in to follow this  
DefaultHuman

Idle Thumbs Postcard camouflaged in HR BS

I might be the only one who finds this amusing, but I was curious whether anyone would notice if I tacked up the Idle Thumbs postcard from the Kickstarter next to all the usual HR detritus in the break room. So far it's been 2 days and nobody seems to have noticed.

gzRzh1D.jpg

Someone put Star Trek and Saturday Night Live magnets on the 9th Floor refrigerator at work. This was six years ago. No one knows who did it. But no one will let me remove them. So I have to stare at Janeway and the Coneheads every day.

So Data Base IBM guy might have a long and happy life on that corkboard.

Remember when Justin Beiber had his own fragrance that was heavily marketed for like two months? At my last job, someone took one of the cardboard promotional standees of JB that they'd gotten somehow and stood it up in a hallway. It was there for the entire period for which I worked there.

Not quite the same, but it amuses me:

About five years ago there was a period of a few days when the roof at work was leaking. Someone tied a large mop bucket to one of the ceiling tile rails to catch the drops. That bucket's still there, and no-one notices it, not even new people. . When we point it out to them, they're always surprised and bemused.

This was recently discovered at work. A spray can, apparently, glued to the ceiling. Nobody knows for how long.

In OP news, postcard is still there. Your posts have given me the hope that it will be there for years to come.

post-9306-0-84616000-1411691850_thumb.jpg

At one of the places I temped at, my office mate was a cardboard cutout of John Wayne. Someone who'd been fired some 5 years before had brought him in so he had company in the secluded back office and nobody had bothered to move him in all that time.

He was quiet and kept to himself. Really great guy to share an office with.