undermind9

Idle Thumbs Multiplayer Calendar/Scheduler

Recently in another thread someone proposed setting up a shared online calendar for organizing players to post their events or see what others are doing.

After some tinkering it was determined this is strangely more difficult than it should be without requiring user accounts, sign ins, or manually sharing the event board with dozens of people.

The following is my solution to the matter in a some-what elegant and easy to use online software -

Submit your event with the following form

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form?EQBCT=6274398498504163bea4dc97a453101f

It automatically populates a spreadsheet that is viewable in a calendar form here

*Edited - 9/7 discussions enabled, when double clicked on an event can add comments/user notes to the bottom of the pop up window such as interest, additional information, or group info

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=d1df642424cf496d90fedeed1f4058e3

Using the comments section of the web form people can input details of the event (game mode, time-zone, req. players, etc).  When viewing the calendar double clicking an event gives all of those details as input

This is an initial solution and depending on feedback and use I can tweak some of the fields.  The online software is always updating as well and if a feature is improved I will certainly implement to the work-flow.

Thanks for making this Undermind! I made my first event and everything seems to be working fine. Crossing my fingers to get some company in Destiny this week!

Cool, this is a pretty good solution. Only feeback I have is 1) Destiny should be permanently on there. 2) I answered by reading the OP. 3) I can't find the "comment" for updating the calendar. Probably being dumb...obviously found it on the second link.

The comment box is really hard to scroll without skipping a line when it's 5+ lines. If I highlight text and drag it up and down I can eventually read it but just using scroll wheel, arrow keys or the arrow buttons doesn't work. I'm using Chrome on Win7.

in the case of extra long comments i would switch to the standard look.  there is a tool bar bottom left that flies out & can switch to grid view.  ive defaulted the view to calendar for the sake of its use

doing more tinkering i can add another feature called "discussions" essentially add notes & comments to a row - like "im in!".  ive swapped out the above link with the discussion enabled table