Sign in to follow this  
YoThatLimp

Good modern golf game

Hey guys,

Does anyone have suggestions for a good modern golf game? It doesn't have to be super sim like, I kind of just like pass and play multiplayer between the wife and I. Steam kind of only has two options, both being early access, which I'd like to steer away from. 

I've always liked Hot Shots Golf (PS3/PSV), but it's obviously on the more cartoony side. I also heard Drew on the Giant Bombcast talking up The Golf Club, an early access game on Steam that looks pretty darn slick - http://store.steampowered.com/app/269730/

If you want to hear Drew talk about it, he does it around the 13-minute mark on this week's (5/06/14) Giant Bombcast.

I guess these are the Early Access games you're referring to but both The Golf Club and Vertiginous Golf have been getting good feedback in their current state (though I appreciate there are other reasons to avoid Early Access titles).

Otherwise you are looking at Worms Crazy Golf, Minigolf Adventures, or Crusader Kings II: Mongolf Aces.

Mario Golf and Hot Shots Golf / Everybody's Golf are both worth checking out in their various forms on Nintendo and Sony consoles respectively.

On PC.... thought about getting one of the older Tiger Woods games? There's also stuff like Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online and WGT Online, both f2p.

edit: mostly, what Jon said :tup:

I've always liked Hot Shots Golf (PS3/PSV), but it's obviously on the more cartoony side. I also heard Drew on the Giant Bombcast talking up The Golf Club, an early access game on Steam that looks pretty darn slick - http://store.steampowered.com/app/269730/

If you want to hear Drew talk about it, he does it around the 13-minute mark on this week's (5/06/14) Giant Bombcast.

There's also an Unfinished video of it up on Giant Bomb. 

Oh, good to know! He said that he might do one on the Bombcast, so I'm surprised it went up so fast.

Yep, saw that right after I posted this. The game looks pretty feature complete at least. I am not sure if I dig the tiger-like back-forward to hit the ball mechanic, but it does look likit does 4 player local co-op. Will have to keep my eye on it!

I actually really like Powerstar Golf. It is not simmmy at all but it is a hell of a lot of fun. Not sure what platforms it came out on other than Xbox One.