Sign in to follow this  
deleted user

I made a VESA mount to bang my Cintiq 13HD onto my new desk arm

Cost under £80 for everything, including the arm.

RhR10qR.jpg?1

Not pictured: Me immedietly breaking the power chord by accidently rotating it 360 while showing off. (I fixed it with electricians tape)

I mostly stole the ideas from Oliver Wetter, but I like to think that I've made a few improvements.

One thing that annoyed me, he linked to an easely that he said fit the VESA mount perfectly, and you guessed it, it did not. Since I don't have any wood working tools, I had to borrow a broken chisel and a tiny hammer from my mate down stairs. I spent bloody hours scraping out more slots to move one a piece of wood from the base to the back of the easel so the mount would have something to screw into.

Another thing which isn't nice: bloody drilling holes using nothing but a flat head screw driver. My hands are still red bloomin' raw from that hassle, the worse thing was having to use a non self-tapping screw. Today has really not been my day.

The arm itself is really nice. I was using it yesterday with my big monitor to rig while laying back in a deck chair; it was really nice, and I might have to buy a double arm for a bit more to satisfy my deck chair cravings.

Now everybody, go buy a decent (but not overpriced) monitor arm. Ergotron are overpriced to fuck, then to hell and then back again, they are very overpriced is what I'm saying.