Sign in to follow this  
doodle_robot

Metroid 2 remake

Wow. This looks pretty great. The Game Boy was my first system, so where other people have intense NES/SNES nostalgia, my first Mario/Zelda/Metroid memories are all tinted in green and black. Nicer graphics sort of dull the nostalgia rush of it a big, but the upgrade does look nice.

it's not just a graphics overhaul they've added features from later Metroid games and some custom content.  i am really enjoying the world lore it adds a nice sense of discovery and mystery.

Wow. This looks pretty great. The Game Boy was my first system, so where other people have intense NES/SNES nostalgia, my first Mario/Zelda/Metroid memories are all tinted in green and black. Nicer graphics sort of dull the nostalgia rush of it a big, but the upgrade does look nice.

This describes me as well! I must have played the GB version of Metroid a dozen times.

Thanks for the link doodle_robot!

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but AM2R has become sort of a joke in the Metroid community by now. This dude's been working on the project for six years now with no end in sight. It's probably never getting a proper release. Note that the latest demo version was released on Christmas Eve, 2012.

Tegan just took a dump in my coffee..

Santa Claus isn't real and dogs only lick you for your skin's salt content.

Santa Claus isn't real and dogs only lick you for your skin's salt content.

it just keeps getting worse... 

mods delete this post and ban me before Tegan destroys my world completely

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but AM2R has become sort of a joke in the Metroid community by now. This dude's been working on the project for six years now with no end in sight. It's probably never getting a proper release. Note that the latest demo version was released on Christmas Eve, 2012.

Maybe it's because of his elaborate April Fools Day jokes?

I thought it was really funny

dogs only lick you for your skin's salt content.

WHAAAAAAAAT?! World.. crumbling.. before my eyes...  :crazy:  :rubik:  :(  :pan:  :noskate:  :broken:  :hah:

Note that the latest demo version was released on Christmas Eve, 2012.

I don't know anything about the project, so for all I know it's some kind of elaborate troll, but it looks like the latest demo (v1.3) is from a few weeks ago? The dev has updated the original v1.1 post to link to the new version. I can't actually try it right now, since I'm on a Mac.