Sign in to follow this  
tegan

Announcing Teg Commissions!

Howdy y'all! As you may be aware, I'm on a bit of a fixed income right now. Unfortunately it's not always quite enough to cover my living expenses and I've fallen behind on some of my bills, so I'm trying to find a way to make ends meet. I figure by now many of you know my tumblr Let's Draw Video Games, so I was thinking maybe you'd be interested in buying some rad custom artwork!

I'm charging $35 for a black and white drawing, with another $15 to add colour. I will not be able to do anything like a vector design or a digital painting due to time constraints, but I won't be half-assing it. PM me if you're interested!

(I also get a small cut from my prints being sold on Society6, or you can give me a small tip through paypal at teganrobichaud at gmail do com [displays as a relative's name due to how it was set up, but I swear it's going to me] if you want to contribute that way)

Sorry this isn't in Plug Your Shit, but I figure I can make an exception just this once due to circumstances.

I was thinking I should have more stuff on my walls. What are the dimensions for the thing? Are there even dimensions?

For the Society6 stuff? You can choose a size on the site itself. None of them are super big, but they're nice.

I think he's asking for the resolution of the resulting art. 3600x2700 would be good for a 150 DPI 24" x 18" poster, for instance.

No, I was actually thinking of physical size, as I understood the commissioning thing to be physical medium and not digital (« I will not be able to do anything like a vector design or a digital painting») ...

Hah, well I'm glad I said "I think he's asking".

I simply assumed that the product would be digital because shipping would probably make this a profit-prohibitive enterprise. Further, I assumed "vector design or a digital painting" referred to a style of digital art rather than a disqualification of digital art in general.

JonCole has the right of it.

Basically, I'll be drawing and scanning things, like this:

IEfndwd.pngJSu1lSx.png

Note the clear outlines and relatively flat colours.

A digital painting would be something more like this:

qZcTDao.pngtqIjyf3.png

...which was made from scratch on my PC and is a more complex job. Note all the texturing.

As for dimensions, I generally work in standard 8.5x11 because my scanner's so small. Hope that's okay.

I like the sound of this and sent you an overly wordy message.

My commission queue is presently empty, in case anyone else is interested. Here's an example of something I did for a client:

I took the design of this baby blanket (provided by the client)...

lxo2QH9.png

...and made a little scene out of it.

cB950Ty.png

That's very cute! It's also reminded me that I have a similar baby blanket somewhere from when I was born, with sheep on it. I must take some photographs of that in case disaster were to befall it (that would upset me a lot).

I hate to ask again, especially since I'm still working on some things right now, but is anyone else interested? I'm super duper broke. OnO